New to Batch Plot

mrromeo333

I'm new to AutoCAD and I need to create over 100 drawings to pdf. I can do it by file and print with a single drawing. Is there a way to do a batch plot that will print all the drawing to pdf?

I need step by step as new to CAD.

Thanks in advance,

Romeo

Spageddie, I'm new to AutoCAD so I haven't tried anything yet. I only tried publishing in AutoCAD but that only creates dwf's.

I would apreciate if you give me a how to guide so I can start somewhere.

Thanks.

The autocad batch plotter may be starting point...

Goto Start -> Programs -> YourAutocad -> select Batch Plot Utility

This launch a new session of autocad and open the batch plot dialog ..

Step to use are..

1/ Add the drawings

2/ Set the plotting paramters

3/ Initialise plotting.

Which version of autocad are you using ?

dbroada wrote:

We use a batch plotter that I wrote for drawings

If you don't mind my asking...what did you write the batchpotter in ?

I wrote one in VBA the works nicely, which I have given the ability to do electronic files such as jpgs, tiffs and PDFs but it require that a PDF printer driver be installed...

It's not really a batch plotter but an AutoCAD script generator, specifically for writing a plot script IYSWIM. I also have a script generator which reads a template and fills in the gaps. They are both writen in VB6.

For PDFs we used to ooutput an EPS file and then let acrobat distiller create the PDF files but I haven't installed distiller on my new machine for various reasons. CutePDF is the company standard but in our (free or cheap) version you have to type the file name into a box which is why how I managed to get a project to buy us the DWGtoPDF software.

I also wrote a batch plotter in VBA but could only get it to run reliably in MD mode. We want to run in SD mode as we often have to print about 500 drawngs at one go and AutoCAD doesn't like that many drawings open at a time. :roll: (and I don't trust our network that much either)

Interestingly I was about to ask you what you wrote yours in (I noticed in a previous post) when I spotted this post of yours. 8)

dbroada,

The one I wrote works MD mode and can plot as many drawings as you select from a folder or folders .. I used it to plot in excess of 1500 drawings in one morning..

dbroada,

The one I wrote works MD mode and can plot as many drawings as you select from a folder or folders .. I used it to plot in excess of 1500 drawings in one morning..

I might try it again then. I only tried MDI on the AutoDesk supplied routine on 2000. The machine using a script and SDI one machine had finished while the MDI machine (400MHz, only just enough memory) ground to a halt with about 50 drawings open - and each "next" drawing took longer than the previous one.

Anyway, that's enough from me for this year - I expect you are already finished! 8)

• 3 years later...

We have been converting our drawings to pdf by using a combination of batch plotter and pdf printer and thought it would be great to share our method.

We are using dwgPlotX from karvamsoft as batch plotter, which is excellent in what it does.

For pdf conversion, we are using pdfcamp printer from verypdf . This printer has an option to append successive printed pdfs in one single file. (Selecting Executive paper gives best results here).

We find this combination economical and easy-to-use, and it has worked wonders for our setup.

DWG to PDF, there are lots. Search dwg to pdf, convert dwg to pdf, dwg to pdf converter, dwg2pdf, etc. and you will get as much converters as you want. You can also try AutoDWG PDF converter which I'm using for batch converting DWG/DWF to PDF.

Oh this is a really old thread.