Profiles file locations that for AutoCAD 2010

I have created a new profile and exported it to a file. I want to make a short cut to that profile but I

do not know where to put the profile file so AutoCAD will see it.

Does anyone know where to put profile files?

Thank you,

As long as you add the /p startup switch to the shortcut properties of the program's Windows desktop icon and include the path to the .ARG file AutoCAD should load it.

There are a dozen or so startup switches that AutoCAD supports. My guess is the /p just tells AutoCAD it will be working with the profile who's path is provided in the shortcut properties and not the default profile normally loads.

• 2 weeks later...

If you copy your autocad desktop icon and click softly then right button click go to properties you can view and edit the startup autocad command so you could have a profile with /p civil or /p acad as an example.

We have a notebook 2011 plays up when connect/disconnect network, we eventaully got it to work with two profiles named network and home pretty obvious which one to use.