Looking for a laptop to support Architecture 2011

melmis99

I need to order a laptop for the facilities department here atwork and want to make sure it can more than rule Autocad Architecture 2011. We have overall site plans that contain almost a million square feet when we put it all together so you can imagine the size of my drawings. And then we also add machine layouts etc. Could you point me in the right direction on system requirements? I went on Autodesks website and they give you minimum requirements but I need way more than minimum. I want room to grow! Any information would be awesome! (BTW, I am not looking for specific laptop, more like specific requirements).

Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate and make it the 64-bit version and not the 32-bit version.

AutoDesk program of your choice. Make this too the 64-bit version.

Intel quad-core i5 or i7 chipset.

Max out the RAM in terms of the fastest speed you can get for the system you are buying and the absolute most you can install is terms of GBs. I don't know what the max amount of installable RAM is a laptop. When shopping around ...ASK!

Get a damn good dedicated graphics card rather than an onboard GPU.