How to create multiple plots from a model

sanijk

Sorry I'm a totally new hand in ArcCAD and I don't know the terminologies. I saw a PDF file that's like the attached figures. Could anybody tell me how to create Sheet 1, Sheet 2, and so on from the big map? Thanks!

Plot_1.jpg

Plot_0.jpg

Plot_2.jpg

Each is on a separate Layout with a viewport into the full size scale modelspace drawing. The viewport is zoomed in using a particular scale which appears to be about 1" = 100'.

A layout viewport in paperspace is like a window or telescope view back into the modelspace drawing.

I created a viewport and I figured out how to rotate the view using MVSETUP command. But how can have its border shown in the full model space in the model tab? Thanks a lot!

I created a viewport and I figured out how to rotate the view using MVSETUP command. But how can have its border shown in the full model space in the model tab? Thanks a lot!

You just draw them there, if that is where you want them, but I am not sure why you'd want to do that. You can double click into modelspace from your viewport and place the border to fit in the viewport but I suggest not doing it that way. Once you have the viewport scaled and rotated how you need it, lock the display property of the viewport so it won't get zoomed out of scale accidently and move on to something else.

leave as much drawing as possible that is not part of the "model" out of modelspace. You should place the border and title block on the layout in paperspace surrounding your viewport(s). Otherwise, on this particular drawing, they will be in the way of any modification or correction work you need to do to the drawing objects, since they will overlap portions of it. Besides, modelspace is drawn at full size, so you will need a border on your 24" x 36" drawing approximately 200'-0" x 300'-0" with text sizes to match. On the layout, you can draw he border at 23" x 35". That is assuming your viewport scale factor is 1:100 (1" = 100'-0").

If you want to visually key certain parts of modelspace to layouts, draw large polygons or circles around those areas and label each as to which layout they are on. These outlines should be large enough so they don't show in the viewports, and cut them so as not to overlap any lines or objects in the drawing.

Hi, Dana,

Thanks for your detailed instructions! It's my boss that saw the drawings and he liked them a lot. I just figured out that the drawings were created in AutoCAD Civil 3D using View Frames. It can create those so called plan views and then create sheets using the views. Just a few clicks. Very handy a function.