Dimension

ica_cici

Hi All,

I always draw my object in solid then using solprof command to make detail drawing in the paper layout.

But when I solprof the object in isometric view, I don't get same result in dimension (see picture).

Does it always like this or I have wrong procedure?

Which one is correct between yellow dim. and white dim. according to isometric dimension standard?

Thanks for help!.

dimension.jpg

dimension.dwg

To get the correct dimensions from an isometric view put the dimensions on the model space. Use an annotative dim style to get correct scale. The dimensions of the solprof projection are wrong - You measure the projected lines, not the real edges.

In AutoCAD you are getting a true isometric projection and as such the lines have to be foreshortened, by a known amount I might add. You will have to adjust the dimscale (1.2247448713915890490986420373529) to fake dimensions onto an isometric projection.

A program like Inventor adjusts the view to show iso lines true size.

Actually the view will be forshortened, not true size, but the dimensions reported correct to model size.

... You will have to adjust the dimscale (1.2247448713915890490986420373529) to fake dimensions onto an isometric projection.

the dimscale adjustment works, I don't need to change the dimtext to adjust the dimension anymore. Thank you rkent.

Hmm...Inventor seems interesting.

Thanks for the help guys:).