AutoCAD 2004 Polar Tracking Tooltip not showing

Hap

Hello, This is my first post to this groop. Ive used the alt.cad.autocad and comp.cad.autocad in the past but they seem to be almost abandoned other than advertizements so I thought I would sign up at this site because I seem to land here a lot from doing Google searches for answeres to questions.

Ive been using AutoCad for years to review and modify other peoples landscape and Irrigation drawings but I never got any good at it so I decided (now that I'm semi-retired) to buy and REALLY READ a book on this program.

It's sort of a silly question but when things don't work as described it buggs me. My problem is that the Book AutoCAD 2004 Bible describes the use of the Polar tracking tooltip (a little information window thingamajig) but I have never seen it even though I have tried to do every thing I could find on the subject to turn it on. I do get the same sort of thing that desplays for the Object Snap, just not for the Polar Tracking. I do have Polar Tracking "on" and I tried adding additional angles to get it to work (suggested by someone I read doing a Google search) but so far no luck. I must be just missing something simple somewhere.

Any ideas?

Tools > Options > Drafting tab > AutoTrack Settings (upper right hand corner of window).

Enable the following:

Display polar tracking vector

Display AutoTracking tooltip

Now click the Apply button at the bottom of the window. Close the window out and return to your drawing. Test it.

Does it work now (as shown on page 62, figure 4-8, of the AutoCAD 2004 Bible)?

That's Great, I knew it was something simple that I just could not find. I even went so far as to search the PDF book to try to find it and it was on page 62-63 after all. If I had searched for Autotracking tooltip instead of polar tracking tooltip I would have found it.

It's amazing all the features I had no idea existed in this program. I'll probably have to go through the book twice with a highlighter and put smiley faces by all the stuff I wished I had known earlier.