PASTECLIP in a script works only once

jasongetsdown

There are various posts concerning problems with Pasteclip but I can't find any that address this particular issue.

I'm using Pasteclip in a script to drop some viewports into a bunch of sheetfiles. First I copybase in my source file and enter 0,0. Then I run the script with AutoScript on my sheet files.

In the first file everything works fine. When it does the second file, and all subsequent files, the script fails at Pasteclip with the error *invalid*.

At this point if I type Pasteclip myself, or use CTRL+V it pastes in the viewports as expected. If I then Resume it says Unknown command "0,0", which is expected given where it failed. If I Resume again it finishes the script and moves on to the next file, where it encounters the error again.

Here is the entire script file for reference:

filedia 0
-attedit n n TB-TEXT_24x36 DATE

##/##/####
09/07/2010
-attedit n n TB-TEXT_24x36 SCALE

#/#
1/16
-attedit n n TB-TEXT_24x36 DWG_TITLE

Title
West Campus Flr. 
pasteclip 0,0
filedia 1
qsave
close

This isn't a problem with AutoScript because if I run the script myself the behavior is the same. It works once, then fails on the next file I try it on. If I Copybase again on the source file the script will work again, but only once.

Is this a bug or am I missing something about Pasteclip? I have also tried Pasteorig but the results are exactly the same.