One of the ATTRIBUTES won't show

Bill Tillman

I have created a title block with a few attributes. One of the attributes will not show up even though I have given it a value. The ATTRIBUTE I'm having trouble with is called PROJECT_NAME. Can anyone help with this?

TB(01).dwg

I gave it a value in Properties and it displayed properly.

But there seems to be something odd in the dwg... when I try to execute some commands (e.g. Plot, Audit, Saveas...) this error appears at the command line.

Document "C:\DOCUME~1\Larry\LOCALS~1\Temp\TB(01).dwg" has a command in progress.

Hit enter to cancel or [Retry]:

The copy I saved to this forum has a Value for the attribute PROJECT_NAME. I can't get the attribute to show up unless I'm in the REFEDIT command. As for the command in progress you report, I am not seeing that here.

UPDATE: This is strange to me. If I look at the properties of the attribute when I'm in REFEDIT I can see a VALUE has been entered yet the attribute will not appear when I exit REFEDIT. I then tried the ATE command and noticed the value for this attribute was empty. So I entered a value and now it shows up when I'm in drawing mode. I can't figure this one out because the others did not behave this way.

Edited by Bill Tillman

I opened your dwg again and the error is gone... go figure

No solution but FYI

When the TITLES block is selected, the PROJECT_NAME attribute is blank in Properties- when filled in it displays properly.

Maybe it has something to do with it being a multiline attribute?

It may be due to me lack of experience with Attributes. If it were a multiline text issue then it would be happening on the one of the other attributes as well. I'm still learning how to get this setup as I need it. I just found another issue and that was that many more things were appearing at the attribute location than needed. I deleted the ones I thought I didn't need and it's appearing like I want it now. But to be honest, I need to go back through this whole exercise again because I still don't understand it fully.

Practice make perfect.