Line will not angle in DraftSight?

Shiro

I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I'm using DraftSight as a replacement for AutoCAD LT97. I have a habit of using the polar method of directing lines, and I got stuck when it wouldn't let me make a 3/8" line at 90 degrees.

It works if I attempt it at 30 degrees, but does nothing at 90. EDIT: Disregard that, now it won't let me do 30 at all.

How would I fix this? I know I could go @0,3/8, but it's a habit to go @3/8

Where would that option be? I've been looking all over the settings for anything like it. I couldn't even find that in AutoCAD LT97 to get the jest of where to look in DraftSight.

Also going to mention that it works fine with whole numbers. I can set @4

It's just fractions, it doesn't like them.

Edit: Works with decimals fine. I've got a teacher trying to help figure this out, there's got to be an option somewhere I am missing. We can't find any option like it on AutoCad LT97 yet to compare.

Edited by Shiro

While I can't get it to behave exactly how you'd like it, have a look at the following options so you can take advantage of Polar tracking, and setting the units to Architectural.

This way you can just move you cursor in the direction you want to go in, and type 3/8 to get your length2010-09-16_104507.jpg

2010-09-16_103834.jpg

DVDM- Thank you very much! The pictures helped tremendously, I couldn't find the Polar settings option anywhere when I looked!

However, even though I can now see the 30 degree marks, I can't get my line to behave correctly. I type @3/8, and click when my cursor is at 30 degrees, but the line ends up being the length of the distance between my source point and my cursor instead of 3/8". Am I not supposed to use @?

Try without the @, see what happens :)

From what I can see, after placing your starting point, and pointing your cursor in the right direction, there's no need for the @, enter your length (3/8), and press Enter. Left-clicking with the mouse will just put the end point at your cursor, and right-clicking with your mouse (= Enter) will cancel the command (unlike Autocad, which does work as an 'Enter').