Plotting in Greyscale

andrewjbarnett

I'm working on a drawing with staging of works on it. I have 3 drawings for the 3 stages, and each stage shows the work done as part of the previous stage. However we would like the work from previous stages shown, but printed as grey rather than black.

I know how to set certain colours to print grey while the rest are black, however is it possible to modify the plot table so that particular layers rather than colours can be changed to greyscale?

With CTB plot styles you will have pen colors set to plot with screening and black and then the layers will have to be set to use that pen color.

With STB plot styles you can have the layers set to any color and specify a greyscale plot style name, set to plot with screening and black.

Have you tried using the "Screening" option under Plot Style Table Editor properties?

I've tried the screening option, but my problem is that I have used the same colour in different stages. So I have used Color_50 for the batters in different stages, which are in different layers.

If the 3 stages are on different drawings then why not Xref Stage 1 to Stage 2 then Stage 2 to Stage 3. Then you can select all the Xref layers in the layer manager and change the colour to grey. Just make sure all objects are set to colour by layer and visretain is set to 1.