Title block hassels.

ko31505

I posted a new .dwt file on the network today and threw in the default wdl file today but as other users on the network try and use it the labeling on the project properties reverts back to "line 1", "Line 2" etc from the labels I had created. does anyone know why this is happening? How do I ensure the wdl file in the folder goes along with the title block I had created to use it.

Thanks

And that folder is the main project folder right?

Did you check to see if there is another default_wdtitle.wdl file somewhere on the network or maybe on their own computers?

Well you are all kinda wrong here if the WDL is not in an Electrical Support directory and you have not setup your environment file correctly. Just because the DWT and the WDL are in the same directory does not make it a support path for Electrical.

Is your license system network FlexNET?

Yes: Did you deploy and setup shared network libraries and support paths?

No: Did you modify your environment file and/or create a master project to copy from each time?

Is your license system standalone and on subscription?

Yes: You will have to modify your environment file or if you are subscription you can get a Multiseat Standalone single SN and deploy that with the deployment wizard to create the correct ENV file.

No, I am not on subscription: You must either rethink you file structure, create a script to write out to the users, modify your ENV file, or get on subscription and redeploy.

The license is a network one and the env file is on the network, I cannot find the wdl file. If it were a locale install as IT has done on several occasions where would I locate it?

Thanks

Bill

EE

There is NO default wdl file with the software. It will simply search the support directory until it finds the first one in the search order.

Customize LINEx labels

The generic LINEx labels in the various title block and project description dialog boxes can be customized.

1. Use any generic text editor such as Notepad or WordPad to create one of the following files:
    • _wdtitle.wdl - where matches the name of the active project. Save the file in the same folder as the project WDT file.
    • default_wdtitle.wdl - save the file in the same folder as the project WDT file.
    • default_wdtitle.wdl - save the file in a folder in the AutoCAD Electrical search sequence.

[*]The file contains one line per label in the format LINEx=label. The entries do not have to be in order and line numbers can be skipped. LINE1 = Project Title 1

LINE2 =Title 2

LINE3 = Title 3

LINE4 = Project Number

LINE5 = Date

LINE6 = Engineer

LINE7 = Drawn By

LINE8 = Checked By

LINE9 = Scale

[*]Save and exit the text file.

[*]Open AutoCAD Electrical and test.

ac.down.gifSearch sequence for .wdl files You can create different WDL files for different projects. The search sequence is as follows:

1. Look in the same folder as the .WDP file for the project, for a file called _WDTITLE.WDL where matches the name of the active project.
  2. Look in the same folder as the .WDP file for the project for a file called DEFAULT_WDTITLE.WDL.
  3. If WD_ACADPATHFIRST flag is present in wd.env file, look for DEFAULT_WDTITLE.WDL in ACAD paths.
  4. Look for DEFAULT_WDTITLE.WDL in the AutoCAD Electrical USER folder.
  5. Look for DEFAULT_WDTITLE.WDL in the base AutoCAD Electrical folder.
  6. If WD_SUP_ALT is defined in the wd.env file, look for DEFAULT_WDTITLE.WDL in the specified path.
  7. Look for DEFAULT_WDTITLE.WDL in ACAD paths (if WD_ACADPATHFIRST flag is not set in the wd.env).

You could also be in a world of hurt with sharing any real project or mapping files if IT installs some as Standalone and other as Network. If ACADe is installed Standalone then it will not look to the network for an env file.