annotation

GIDZA

got 2 problems

1. trying to put dimensions on a drawing but they are not appearing on the dim line

2. trying to use annotation to label the drawing but i don't know how to finish the process without all th staff i have imputted disappearing

thanks in advance

extend method works a treat. with trim I still have to use shift. with a bit of practice i will get used to it. haven't tried double click yet and i will get back to you on the dimensions.

i'm having loads of problems with other things - zoom for instance which keeps changing arbitrarily but hey, thats for another day

i found my labels. they are so small i had to use a magnifying glass to find them. now that brings a problem. when i typed them first time one word was so large it filled the whole drawing so i scaled them down (1:100 as the drawing) and they appeared fine. for printing do i maintain the scaled down 1;100 or keep 1:1 which is too large on screen.I do not have a printer. by tHE WAY i'm not a professional

use dimstyle to make the text height what you want - create new dim style

then select all dims (select one and r-click - select similar)

open properties (CH)

change 'dim style' to your new one.

now if you want to change them all at once, just go to DIMSTYLE and change the style's text height, not the individual dims' properties.

Some of us avoid these types of problems by dimensioning everything in our layouts. Different types of work call for different approaches so what works very well for us may not suit your needs.