UNDO error causing crashes

CADTEX

You most likely need to contact Autodesk.

You could try increasing your RAM and/or Virtual memory. Maybe try a repair or uninstall/reinstall, but you should give Autodesk a shot at it first.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jdsherr

• ReMark

• CADTEX

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You most likely need to contact Autodesk.

You could try increasing your RAM and/or Virtual memory. Maybe try a repair or uninstall/reinstall, but you should give Autodesk a shot at it first.

Well, I'm running 16 gb of RAM, and my paging file is at 100000 MB already. By contacting Autodesk, you mean the crash reports details? Thanks for discussing this with me.

By contacting Autodesk, you mean the crash reports details?

I like to write off-the-wall comments or just tell them I'm calling Bently.

100,000MB of virtual memory? That can't be right. Normally, all by itself Windows will set aside 1-1.5X the amount of installed physical memory for the page file. Increasing this to 2-2.5X even 3X is one option for reducing "out of memory errors". Another thing is if you are going to tweak the settings make the upper and lower limits the same number. When you do that Windows sets aside a contiguous portion of your hard drive for its exclusive use. It's much more effective.

100,000MB of virtual memory? That can't be right. Normally, all by itself Windows will set aside 1-1.5X the amount of installed physical memory for the page file. Increasing this to 2-2.5X even 3X is one option for reducing "out of memory errors". Another thing is if you are going to tweak the settings make the upper and lower limits the same number. When you do that Windows sets aside a contiguous portion of your hard drive for its exclusive use. It's much more effective.

yah, its right.pagingFileSize.jpg and i changed the max size down to the same... thanks for the tip.

Well, I'm running 16 gb of RAM, and my paging file is at 100000 MB already. By contacting Autodesk, you mean the crash reports details? Thanks for discussing this with me.

No I mean actually contact them by Email, phone or walking to there offices.

Do you also get this message on New files with just a couple of small objects? Are you actually RUNNING 16GB of RAM, or is that what you have installed? You should check your actual memory usage, by AutoCAD.

Out of curiosity, what are all or your computer specs including graphics card?

I take back all the previous comments.

I would just call my reseller and tell them to get it taken care of.

I have looked on Autodesk's site and this has been a problem for awhile, it appears, yet they have not solved this.

So it looks like your paging file size is actually very close to 3X the amount of installed RAM. Then I guess you're OK. And you have reset the min/max to the same sizes. That's good. Now what happens?

BTW...did you have enough free space on your hard drive before you reset those values?

Autodesk Product: ACA 2011 Svc Pack 1

HARDWARE: AMD Phenom II x61090t

16 gb RAM

GeForce GTX460

i would say in my limited knowledge 'es un muy mal machina' :D

i wrote autodesk at your encouragement, we'll see if anything ever happens, thanks.

also, i'm probably going to try a re-install over the next couple of days if the problem persists, deadlines looming... thanks again

Autodesk Product: ACA 2011 Svc Pack 1

HARDWARE: AMD Phenom II x61090t

16 gb RAM

GeForce GTX460

i would say in my limited knowledge 'es un muy mal machina' :D

i wrote autodesk at your encouragement, we'll see if anything ever happens, thanks.

also, i'm probably going to try a re-install over the next couple of days if the problem persists, deadlines looming... thanks again

oh, also Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 HD w/ 7200 rpm rotational

You should first try a REPAIR before resorting to an uninstall/reinstall.

AutoDesk has posted explicit instructions regarding uninstalling/reinstalling their software. Refer to this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240817&CMP=OTC-RSSSUP01

Try repair first.

When did you install SP 1? You might try removing the Service Pack and seeing if the error goes away.

I use CCleaner to clear out my files. Worth a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

An update: I have been in communication w/ the Autodesk people, and their most recent reply, from today is as follows

Hi ...,

My name is Mike and I have been escalated your case for further assistance. In this case I see you are crashing and have been submitting error reports. In this case you are linked to a defect that is being worked on by our Development team, ID# 1348588. I have linked this submitted case to the defect as well. In the meantime please try moving these files locally as described by the previous tech to see if this will help manage this error until the issue can be resolved in an update/release of the product. Please test this and let me know if the issue persisted. Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Michael Bussiere II

Autodesk Support Team