How do you ensure an attached PDF is at the right scale?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JonoR

• toberino

• RobDraw

• BlackBox

Okay. Everything is good. You are just missing one thing. Model space is in meters and paper space is in mm. Since paper space cannot be set to meters, you need to multiply by a factor of 1000 to convert m to mm. So your zoom factor should be 1/500 x 1000 or 2. Set your viewport scale to 2(xp).

RobDraw,

Toberino had suggested this but when I do it the drawing shrinks? just to confirm as I am new at this. I go to my viewport and double click in it, the line will thicken and it will say model space. I hit z enter 1/500xp enter and that is it? if this is what you are saying then it doesnt work .... it shrinks to a smaller size. anything other than hitting extents reduces the size of this drawing which as it is in extents is a fraction smaller than it should be, it is this phenominon that has brought me to the forum. .... still confused???

Ok I have it now, I have changed it to 2xp and it has increased slightly in size so I am sure when I print it it will be correct. thanks for that Rob I really appreciate your help and patience.

Thanks again to Toberino for all the help and patience.

Forgive me not showing my true excitement and elation at getting to end of this, I have been sitting in stunned disbelief. I have struggled for several weeks with this issue befor comming on here and I have been going through the steps again to ensure I follow and understand and most importantly remember how to do it again on my own. I am sure you will hear from me again soon as I try to get to grips with CAD.

Thanks again so much to you and Toberino, pitty we couldnt catch up for a beer..... on me of course.

Sweet. I am glad you were able to figure it out. No problem at all for helping you out. I did what I could. I enjoyed the experience and learned a few things along the way. Thanks Rob for stepping in. I knew there was something I was missing I just couldn't pin point the issue. Jono, you are now on your way to understanding viewport scales in paperspace. Keep it up.:D

Okay. Everything is good. You are just missing one thing. Model space is in meters and paper space is in mm. Since paper space cannot be set to meters, you need to multiply by a factor of 1000 to convert m to mm. So your zoom factor should be 1/500 x 1000 or 2. Set your viewport scale to 2(xp).

So if his model space would have been set to mm, then 1/500xp would've worked?