Autocad Error Message

decentdev2005

hi,

There is a problem running my autocad 2011. as soon it gets started it shows me a weird error messge which is hereby attaced

autocad error.jpg

with this now, the move command has started making the copies of items that i tend to move.

also it is creating a ACAD.fas file in the folder where my dwg file is located.

i need to get rid of this thing asap as i m afraid of loosing all my other files also..

Please help me.

Regards,

Dev

Hopefully, your IT department make nightly backups of your project related files. If not, what are they doing?

Does this only happen with specific drawings/projects, or is it all of them?

Check your ACADDOC.lsp file for anything that seems out of the ordinary for your CAD department's production tools. If you do not know what that *should* look like, consider bringing this to the attention of your supervisor, CAD Manager, or as a last resort post the code here. This could also be a SCR file that loads at drawing open.

One way of testing if this is something loading with ACADDOC.lsp is to comment out all items in said file by placing this ";|" (with no quotes) at the very top of the file, and this "|;" (again, no quotes) at the very bottom, and open another drawing. If my speculation(s) are correct, then this will prevent the issue. You will still need to go through the items being loaded in order to find the culprit.

Hope this helps!

Help! My brain just short-circuited. This problem and its solution have been discussed here before. Damn if I can remember the context though. Oh that just annoys the heck out of me. I'll give it some more thought.

i am not able to find any file named as ACADDOC.lsp anywhere in my C: drive. and sorry to say i dont anyone to consult in my department for cad or IT. Please help me out

Thanks

Could this be a language pack problem?

As I recall this particular error was caused by a malicious acad.vlx file which resulted in a corrupted drawing.

Is it just this one particular drawing that the error occurs in?

no. its not only with one single file but with all the Cad files that i tend to open it shows me this message. even if i am not opening any particular file and only the acad.exe from the desktop it shows me the same problem.

i dont know whether this is language pack problem or what but i dont think that i am even able to uninstall the specific language pack from my system.

just dont understand what to do...

trying out different stuff but nothing works at all. re insatlling also doesnt solve the problem.

ALAS!!!