Drawing coordinates

babati

Hello all,

I am new :shock:. Since i even don't know in which category my problem is, I apologise if it is mentioned in other threads.

I use Autocad 2011 and I draw in millimetres. When I draw a line 3000 mm it does not fit in my drawing space (it says it is fully zoomed out before i see both end of the line). In my previous educational Autocad 2011 in the drawing coordinates window (down left corner) shows much bigger numbers for shorter line(if this can help). Is the drawing space too 'small'? Something to do with WCS/UCS?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Its just a function of how big your window is zoomed to.

You say you are "Fully zoomed out" but will find that you can zoom out further so that the line will LOOK smaller on your screen even though its the same length.

Try typing- z e (Zoom Extents, fits your drawing to the screen)

Then- z .1 (Zoom out to 1/10 of current window - drawing will LOOK smaller on the screen)

Hi babati

To complete this post.

The next time, you can change the limits of your drawing

By default left low corner 0,0 and high right corner 420,297 units

Type limits in your command line (its old command)

and change the value

Later if you want, you can use save as DWT your drawing (template) for a later. use

To extend to the drawing limits use zoom all

By Pascal

As per rvpas but if your going to set your limits for zoom all then you need to set them to be bigger than your object, not your paper size, for a house say 0,0 20000,20000.

We tend to use z e zoom extent rather than set limits, as you found if you draw a long line zoom e then just roll the mouse button a bit and it should zoom a bit more even draw a box as a first step 0,0 20,000,20,000 this way you know you will always be inside.

if you want to know as you are going if it will fit on your sheet when plotted you just need to draw a box that reflects the size of your plot sheet and then scale it up by the plotted scale. Still use layout tabs and title blocks for the final plot.