Solidworks 2009

SteveY

Which menus have changed? Your tool bars, the ribbon, something else?

You have to open(or be in) a part or assembly and Tools>Customize. There is a Reset, but i think it just unchecks all the tools bars and does not restore defaults.

hi,

Thanks for the reply.

At first, the command manager was nested under the file, view, etc menu bar.

The command manager had colored icons and was nested from side to side under the top toolbar.

Thanks

is it still there just not docked, or has it disappeared? If its just floating around you can double click it to get it back to where it was, or drag it around the screen and a small box will appear near the center-top, center-left or center-right which will dock it in those positions when your cursor is over them. If its gone completely you need to right-click in an area where a tool bar is located or up where it says the name of your drawing at the top. The pop up menu that appears when you right click will have Command Manager at the top of it, click that to re-open it.

if you double click it, it will dock in its last position. If you drag it around the screen you should see some icons appear at the top, left and right. If you drag to one of those positions it should dock there. So when you drag it around the screen, these icons dont appear?

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23208&stc=1&d=1285075515

in the link you can see these at the top and left.

Hi,

Thanks. that docked it back to the original position. First, I don't know how it became un-docked. Second, I guess I wasn't holding the floating menu over the docking tab long enough. It works now. I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

SteveY

• 4 months later...

Hi, i seem to have a similar problem but when i do what you were saying above ie. right clicking and activating the command manager, nothing happens! if i unclick the command manager the sketch and features toolbox appears. its driving me nuts! Please help!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem, except my Command Manager has completely disappeared. It's activated, but nowhere to be found. Where did it go, and how do I get it back? (SW 2009 SP0) :cry::?:reallymad:

No. It turned out there was no entry for it in the registry. How that happened remains a mystery, but at least it works now. Thanks for the response though. Cheers