Crosshair disappear in isometric view when i zoom in

skagemo

Hello.

I have encountered something I've never come across before when i started using 2011.

I have 2 viewports active; plan and isometric view. But when I try to navigate in the isometric view, the crosshair behaves in a way I don't understand.

What happens is that when I zoom in the crosshair disappears over or under what I'm zooming in on.

It's hard to describe, but it seems that it have a different origo then the view represents.

When I zoom out so much that the crosshairs are visible and I try to move them upwards, they stop in the middle of the screen and then the marker becomes visible in the ribbon part of the screen.

I have tried detaching all xref's, purged and audit, checked the elevation (0).

This only happens in some drawings, not all, and I can't think of a common denominator in the drawings it happens.

Can anyone assist me?

Regards Fredrik Skagemo

I've experienced cross-hairs disappearing but have attributed them problem to my graphics card. Yet, you seem to believe it is more AutoCAD related. I'm thinking you did not have the problem in your previous version of AutoCAD. Is that right?

Hello, thanks for replying.

I've just opened the drawing on 3 different PC's, and the problem is the same on all PC's. They are all Dell's, but different versions and year.

So this tells me the problem is software related.

I've screen captured a film that shows what happens.

In it I move the mouse up and down in the same speed, and you can see the crosshair stop and the marker appear over the ribbons.

The same at the bottom, the crosshair disappear for a while then the marker comes into view over the command field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sskQjEq_vkA

My reply seems to have been lost in the Matrix, it contained a link.

Short story, yes, I have checked via 3DCONFIG, and i have the latest version.

Also been to the support site, and all the fixes there are not pertinent to my problem.

• 1 month later...

Skagemo,

We have noticed a similar problem with the crosshairs disappearing when zooming in on certain drawings. Several users were having this issue on one specific drawing which was NOT centered around (0,0). When the model was reset to have a starting point around (0,0), the crosshair issue went away.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect a old thread, But we are having this problem on a number of our machines.

Is there a solution that has worked for anybody.

I am finding that the closer you zoom in ths worse it gets with the workable area in CAD getting smaller. We are using it with Autoplant.

Thanks,

• 1 year later...

solution is to open a new drawing , select a project you work on.

Xreference the Autoplant drawing you have.

once it open ,,select all to move to 0,0,0

type in ddptype, select a point style.

select the Xreference. Edit Xref in place....