Filleting objects

Small Fish

If I have two plines that need to be filleted. One pline has 2 vertices and the other has 4 vertices, and I use the fillet command eg (command "fillet" e1 e2) then the fillet will only work correctly if selection is on the last segment of the pline (closest the corner that needs to filleted.)

However there is no control over where the selection is made programatically. So I am finding that the fillet does not work correctly. Is there a work around?

FILLET2.jpg

Edited by Small Fish

The fillet command is working as intended. Selecting the left most segment of the polyline will not allow for filleting of the right most segment of the green polyline and the yellow polyline. The fillet command is actually doing exactly what you are telling it to depending on where you are selecting. It is always in your best interest when filleting to select the closest two points to the location of the resulting fillet.

The fillet command is actually doing exactly what you are telling it to depending on where you are selecting. It is always in your best interest when filleting to select the closest two points to the location of the resulting fillet

....Yes but can you tell me how to do it programatically ? As I have tried to carefully explain.

ie how can you select close to the fillet corner?

Well it's seems its not possible.

So I have ended up working out POLAR points for a FENCE, then I used the TRIM command, and finally PEDIT and join to to it it to a one entity polyline. whew....:sweat:

That was due to the Z coordinate none to ZERO.

I can not see what the z coordinate has to do with it not working?

Lines are not parallel to each other, so fillet command could not be implemented at all.

My question was how could I select near the fillet corner (ie last segment on the pline) I DO understand why it does not work!

Using the fillet command you will see there is no control over where you can select programatically.....that what I was asking....

I have no doubt a program that does what you want can be written, but to what end?

How would you control it? If you run your special fillet program, would you want it to act on all polylines on your drawing?

If the intent is to designate which two polylines with a selection window, then you're needlessly complicating the action by using such a special program, which will require its own key command or button and a couple mouse clicks, when a perfectly good fillet routine is already available.

SteveJ

My code draws a straight pline then the user inserts blocks into this pline. The block is then exploded to a pline object.

This is where I wanted to use fillet, so the block and straight pline

become one pline object after pedit - join

But as it turned out TRIM was the only option. Now my code works sweet.:)

Using Fillet on LWPolylines within command is always problematic. It's best to figure out a work-around (create your own 'fillet' option). The Fillet command just doesn't like being fed ENames that are LWPolylines.

The Fillet command just doesn't like being fed ENames that are LWPolylines.

Yes exactly Alan - this is something I discovered...finally.:)

Where were you before?

icon12.gif