How to build a floor map layer

zidanelam

field.jpg

Based on figure above, I would like to build a field similar to that figure for my robot simulation using SW.

The problem is how to assign different color on the plane, such as the white line, red box and blue box. All I can think is start off with a green base, then extruded cut the region where you want to place the white line. Then, Extrude boss/base so you can assign different color. This method is quite inefficient and takes longer time.

Is there anyway where you can assign different color on the plane without changing the height of the plane

Thanks in advance

You can do it probably several ways. One way is to overlay a jpeg image on the part. Another way is to use Split. The downside to split is there only can be one close profile so you would need to do many splits to achieve a model that could be colored separately. You can also split the body using planes or sketches rather than just splitting the face.

Will you need a robot to follow these lines or is it really just for appearance? If the answer is yes, then split may be the option for you becasue you could constraint it to an edge or line for its path.

Glad it worked out. I was thinking about it a little more and came up with another way to use split that may have been faster. Instead of projected the sketch onto the part to split it, you can extrude your split sketches as surfaces which will let you do all the splits at once. I wish i had thought to mention that to you before.