Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• f700es

• bbankston

• Bobzy20

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

f700es,

I like the flexibility of Adobe Illustrator for tracing. I'm tracing it right now and then I'm going to export it out as a DXF, open AutoCAD and then scale the drawing to the correct dimensions, save, and then import into SketchUp.

bobzy

although some people are not taking your post seriously, there are also giving you good advice..... it looks like you want a 2d sketchup drawing so you can play about with it? hence the small fee and the unusual request?

if so, just open sketchup and start playing, it's free that way. or if you really want, pay the 20 quid and get a drawing that is just traced off your jpeg, ie, not worth much, as it'll be a very quick piece of drawing. but if you want it accurate, to the dims shown, you gotta pay for a couple of hours' work - ie more dollar!

which do you require? (to clarify: i doubt you'll get a good skp file as shown for £20)

Re: Original floor plan.

1) The spacing between the bathroom sink and tub is way to small.

2) The kitchen stove is poorly located. It would never be positioned as it is shown.

3) The door arrangement for the first bedroom and the closet with should probably be redesigned.

4) Why is there a door at the end of the hallway where one enters/leave the lounge/diner area?

ReMark,

I went the "inefficient" route because I've been working with Adobe Illustrator for 10 years whereas I'm still a newbie (compared to most folks on the forum) to AutoCAD.

*side note:I was going through threads the other day and was reading about making your own custom tool palette, that I think you were a part of the discussion, and decided to try it out for myself. Just wanted to say that that little ****** is definitely going to help me work more efficiently in AutoCAD.

AutoCAD LT - [Drawing3.dwg].jpg

Just pulling your leg. No offense intended. Although I think it was the perfect opportunity for the OP to learn a little bit about Sketchup since it was only a 2D drawing. And, as you pointed out, a drawing done in AutoCAD can be brought into Sketchup anyway.

I could not possibly be responsible for putting the idea of creating a custom Tool Palette in your head. I was in another world at the time.

Yeah I started and I thought he wanted 3D components for doors and cabinets. I told him 20 pounds would not cut it for me. I am not being mean but I fail to see why you would want to do this in SU and not CAD. What's the point?

Oh well we each have different needs.

Those chips were lovely. Right thanks everybody for all your comments and your help always appreciated.

Where would we all be without this site?

Question, if this was drawn in AutoCAD could it exported as a jpeg to look the same as the originals on page one of this thread? When I mean the same I also mean with the nice white boarder that surrounds it?

I started drawing it in AutoCAD but I couldn’t get it to look the same so SketchUp seemed like a better idea and the results were better.

But I’m new to SketchUp so that’s why I wanted somebody to draw it for me in 2D but the main thing was having the components (sink, cooker, bath etc) drawn so I could use them in many other drawings that I would create myself.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

I will take the drawing off your hands for the agreed £20 :)

Bob

Yes, the drawing could have been drawn in AutoCAD with black lines on a white background. The colors for background, crosshairs, etc. can be changed by going to Options > Display > Colors.