Auto Cad LT 2011 Express Tools

insight design

Hi We are looking into buying the AutoCAD LT 2011. I have done a bit of reseach and it looks like the LT express software is not avaliable for LT 2011. Has anyone worked with LT 2011? Does it have tools like xclip and the layer freeze comand? Or does anyone know if an extender exists for this program?

And any advise for a company that doesn't use 3D cad. Is it worth it to just get the LT version?

I'm not aware of any extender programs that are currently available for LT 2011.

There's got to be a feature matrix comparing full and LT versions of 2011 somewhere on the Internet. Did you check the AutoDesk website itself? How about calling your authorized AutoDesk reseller? He should know about Xclip and Layer Freeze (assuming he is knowledgeable enough).

No 3D? Then you probably don't need the full package. Look at all the $$$ you are saving! Party! Party! Party!

Yes, LT 2011 has both the xclip and layfrz commands in its artillery.

Comparison Matrix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/compare/index?siteID=123112&id=13723825

If your company doesn't have any intentions of going 3D in the near future, then yes, I believe LT 2011 would be a very useful acquisition, as it is more than adequate for churning out 2D drawings.