Another student with an "Oleson Village" Plat Map question.

Grip Grip

Thanks for the answer, but I think I'm even more confused than before- does that mean that the sidewalks and parking strip should be within the right of way? I used Filet and created them around the outside of it.

Another question: I'm trying to insert trees now, but whenever I place them at the listed coordinates, they show up on a completely different coordination. could it be that I made a mistake when creating the block, and that the block is shifted to a different position when I place it? How can I erase the block to create a new one?

yet another question: if I select everything on my drawing with ctrl + a I see that I have 4 trees placed somewhere on the drawing which I cannot find anywhere, is there a possibilty to erase them, or to go to these objects when I select them from the list?

Thanks!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Grip Grip

• Tiger

• cherax

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How many 50 foot wide streets have you driven down lately in your own home town? That would be the equivalent of a four lane interstate highway with a two foot breakdown lane.

Tree blocks. What did you use as a basepoint for your block? That may have something to do with what you are seeing. The block can be recreated using a different basepoint. Save it under the same block name.

Lost trees. Have you done a Zoom > Extents? You could also use the Find command and search for each insertion of the tree block one by one. AutoCAD will zoom to the next instance of the block and until you cycle through them all.

Hey, yes, the basepoints of the blocks were missing. the other trees I found and erased. I'm from Germany and have difficulty trying to perceive dimensions in feet, and besides that, a two lane highway here is probably as wide as a alleyway there in America lol! I'd have been finished long ago with my degree, but I've been procrastinating just because of this one exam.

Thanks

Edited by cherax

From Germany? As in originally from Germany? Where are you actually located?

I imagine going from metric to imperial dimensions can be a real headache.

Back to your original question. My suggestion is as follows. Draw four lines. One will be for the edge of curb, one for the front and back edge of the sidewalk and one for the street-line (also doubles as the front property line). The curb width (6" normally) is so small at a scale of 1"=50' that it will be barely noticeable.