Read Only File Error

mattrichardson

Hi everyone,

Hoping that someone can help.

Everytime that I open a file in ACad, there is a pop up box that states that the file is read-only only, even if no-one has the file open it comes up with it everytime. I'm thinking that I may have accidently changed a setting that means that it only reads files in the read-only format???

Or whether I am saving my files in that format? When other people open files that I have worked on the same message appears on there screen.

Any tips would be brilliant.

Thank you.

Every single file says that I have permissions to read and write etc, however it still comes up with the pop-up box...

I've tried editing the .dwl2??? files as well as I thought that that might be overriding something, I've looked up options as well to see whether I was saving the file as a read-only version. I'm stumped!!

You tried to edit a .dwl2 file? Why? Or do you mean you tried to change its properties as well?

Maybe it is a problem with the Read-only property of the Folders themselves and not the individual drawing files.

I had AutoCAD crash before and I would get "Read Only" when opening.

I found that deleting the drawing locks (*.dwl and *.dwl2) prior to opening resolved my problem.