Autocad 2011 very slow in Window 7

The Courage Dog

Hi, i have installed Autocad 2011 64 bit in my new PC with OS Windows 7 recently & i noticed it's too slow, anything you do ie. draw lines, zooming, panning, selecting object, opening drawing, saving, closing etc has delay og 3 to 7 seconds.

Any idea? your help is much appreciated..

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I have the same problem (Athlon II X4 635, 4 GB RAM, Win7 Pro).

Autocad takes forever to shut down, start or to browse projects on our server.

I tried unplugging the cable and everything is fine. Autocad is now as fast as i would expect it to be.

But how can i solve the problem? I want to work on projects on our server.

I would appreciate your help.

Autocad takes forever to shut down, start or to browse projects on our server.

I tried unplugging the cable and everything is fine.

That is the answer. AutoCAD is looking for something it can't find, which causes ridiculous delays. Without a network connection, it doesn't even bother looking, so you do not see a delay.

You should be able to watch file activity to figure this out as described here: http://cadpanacea.com/node/71, except that Filemon has been replaced with ProcMon.

Hi there,

i already downloades the process monitor.

According to the procmon Autocad looks for a folder "windows\csc\2.0.6\namespace\server1\daten".

This folder was protected, so i took control over it and created the folders "server1\daten". They are empty.

But now acad.exe answers with "sucess" when looking for this folder and goes an. But it is not faster than before.

Usually, I find AutoCAD is looking for a missing network path, a missing drive letter, a missing printer file (pc3/pmp), a missing system printer, or "infocenter"/"Communication center" trying to phone home, etc.

I've never seen it hang up on a file/directory that exists.