Help With Meshes

girrrrrrr2

Okay basically I have an object that I made out of meshes.

Is there a way to turn the said object from meshes into an actual 3d solid?

I know how to do it in 2009, but they must have broken the M2S.lsp in the current version because the meshes are not Polygon Meshes anymore, they are just meshes...

And I dont like how union does the job...

I have attached the .dwg, so you guys can see what I am working with.

Tank Turret Only.dwg

convtosolid or SURFSCULPT should have worked, but somewhere you introduced an anomaly into your surfaces. Why use surface tools rather than solid tools?

convtosolid or SURFSCULPT should have worked, but somewhere you introduced an anomaly into your surfaces. Why use surface tools rather than solid tools?

I used surfaces because I thought that it would be the easiest way to do "complex" things like the Turret for my tank.

So what you are saying to do is for me to go through all of the surfaces and find the one that wasn't done correctly?

So what you are saying to do is for me to go through all of the surfaces and find the one that wasn't done correctly?

What I'm saying is start over. Use solids until you get stuck. Then use surfaces to edit your solid. I don't think something as geometrically simple as a tank turret should require full blown Mesh editing. That is generally for more organic freeform stuff. How much 3D experience do you have? Have you gone through the tutorials in my signature?

Okay I will do that

I dont have much experience doing stuff like this, most of the stuff I have done is in class work and the teacher has done this so many times that he can and does do it in his sleep.

And no I haven't done the tutorials in your signature, but I was meaning to do pretty soon.