Free SolidWorks Surfacing tutorial ideas

shift1313

I am going to be starting a website soon with free tutorials on it that I make. I have two that im working on now but id like to get some ideas of things you all would like to model or learn how to model. The first one(which I am refining) is the camaro model but i will also be doing another car and laying it out in a different manner. The second thing i have drawn is a computer speaker.

DuetRender2.jpg

I know surfacing is something a lot of people want to do but have trouble getting into so if there is an object that you have wanted to draw but don't know how to get started, post here and maybe ill do a write up for the site on it.

Right now I am trying to come up with a good format to lay things out but i also would like a running list of things to approach. They dont have to be surface models per say that is going to be the focus of the site(hopefully).

thanks

:D

Sweet!!!!!!!! You have my support and if you need help, you know how to reach me.

The one thing I believe you should do is create video tutorials, they are much easier to follow.

Thanks bill and thats a good point. I have never been happy with the built in video recorder/capture in SW so i may need to look into other programs for video capture that would show the toolbars and feature tree.

You might check in to Camtasia Studio for recording/editing. Last I knew they offered a 30-day trial for free download. I would expect that VT has a site license.

A lot of people associate surface modeling only with complex organic stuff, but I have seen many examples where surface modeling can also simplify creation of "standard" geometry.

• 2 months later...

@shift1313...what happened to those tutorials sir? we're waiting patiently cause we need it badly...many people use solidworks but they find surface modeling a bit hard..it would be great if we had those..specially if they're many.. starting from the simplest and getting complicated gradually...

It will be amazing if we get some of your knowledge and experience ...good luck and thank you...

I was waiting for ideas on things people would like to see. I was expecting more of a response to this. Ive been pretty busy the past few weeks getting stuff ready for SW world. After i get all that sorted out i will go back to making tutorials. I modeled this up over the weekend for an upcoming tutorial on surfacing.

PDRender4.JPG

PDRender2.JPG

PDRender3.JPG

• 1 month later...

shift thanks, but i just looking any site or company where can i draw for them and earn some money.My english is not perfect but i hope that you understand me.Thanks

I understand that now but that is not the impression i got from your first post. Still please dont post the same question in multiple topics that don't relate to the question. This forum does have a jobs section.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?35-Jobs-amp-Training

There are also many sites online that allow you to bid for jobs. Please start a new topic in the Jobs section.

• 2 months later...

Hi Shift1313

I saw this thread, you are looking for ideas that will make tutorials for us, What a great idea.

I'll give you some ideas of some basic things that I always wanted to learn how to make.

What about a sunglasses or safety glasses, simple but yet difficult!

Safety_Glasses.344234518.jpg

2) Something curvy from nature, like sand dunes!

thar_desert4.jpg

What about things not related to surface modeling, like creating a machine parts that move.

By the way I had a look into your site. You have put a lot of effort there, thanks a lot and keep the good work :)

I am eager to see your video tutorials 8)

Thanks drifter! Bill drew some glasses awhile back. Ill see if he wants to make a tutorial on them.

Something like sand dunes would be pretty tough. The actual model would be fairly smooth and you would most likely create a custom material. SW is pretty good about bump strength on materials so i will keep that one in mind.

There is something in the works for mechanical moving parts at the moment. Ive been asked to help setup a roller coaster of sorts for a tutorial. Im waiting on some more specs.

There are lots of tutorials out there so I was trying to fill the surfacing void but im certainly not limited to that. Thanks for the ideas!!