3d Wont extrude properly

Andre

When im constructing a shape i use the usual tools line arc circle etc to draw a shape and when i try to extrude it, it says " No solid objects selected" if i do the same shape using pline it extrudes no bother.

My question is how do i get away from this problem as i dont have the skill to draw everything with just the polyline tool alone ??

Please Help

Once you created your shape, then use "pedit" and "join" to turn your shape into on object, then you can extrude it.

you can't select a shape made of several objects to extrude, this is why when you use pline it works

no not yet im on another drawing now but i will try both options after i have finished.

I hope u can give me the benefit of the doubt, like i said yesterday im doing this alf yarwood course and it really is poor at telling you how to use certain tools, to match with that the tutor takes an age to reply to emails 2 weeks in one case which is no use when im steaming ahead with the course content, hense my being on here all the time asking simple questions that appear to infuriate at times.

While im here 3d mirroring, imagine a junction box with 4 points 1 on each side i have constructed one used the union tool now i need to mirror it one way then eg north and south then i need to flip it and put it east and west, i just dont understand the 1st 2nd and 3rd points on the plane bit to accurately place the to be mirrored item.

please help

Post the drawing and we'll take a look although I sense this might be a case of not only reorienting the UCS but moving the Orgin so the mirror command works the way one would expect. You could also retry the 3D Mirror command. Did you know there is a tutorial available here at CT? Click this link:

http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/3d-mirror/

I am not aware that you have infuriated anyone . . . . . . yet. LOL

What do you mean by "below it"? Directly opposite the position the stub is in now or do you mean to the bottom of the junction box?