AutoCad MEP-toggle off label curve rotation in isometric view

PlumberGoneVirtual

Has anyone yet figured out how to toggle off rotation of label-curve text so that it stays aligned with the orientation of the the object to which it is affixed when in isometric views? I know it can be done, as when I shift+mouse button 3D orbit my model the label curve text stays aligned until I stop the 3D orbit and the scene regens to now-rotated label curve text that maddeningly stays horizontal. It does not matter how I rotate or alter my UCS, the text always stays horizontal to the view, I want the text to stay aligned with the object to which it is affixed. How can I do this? Yes, I know that tags can rotate, but they don't auto-insert and they are not anchored to objects. I want my auto-inserted label curves to stay put.

Oh, and by the way, hello. I have benefitted many times from you-alls' wisdom here, I've just now got involved as google has let me down on this one and I hope that some mighty god of the xyz that dwelleth herein may deliver me from this label curve rotational blasphemy...that'd be great.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anybody figured out how to change the labels to align with the piping when in Isomtric. My labels align with the pipes on plan view but when I change to Isometric they simply don't align.

Thanks

Elliot

I struggle with the same thing. I would also love to have the ability to have part tags "auto rotate" to an iso plane. For instants, air handling unit coil connections, I always show an iso plane shot, bit then I have to manually locate my own custom part and spool tags. Would love a solution to this :D

A nice Autodesk support engineer responded to my request. They are trying to figure the problem. Let's wait....:)

Thanks

Elliot

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...