Breaking multiple lines using a cross- line

djp6

Hi

Using 2008.

How do you break multiple lines along a line?

I.e. you have ten horizontal lines 3m long and one vertical line running down the centre of the 3m lines. I need to break the horizontal lines in two where they touch the vertical line without having a line smaller then 1.5m.

On a single line I can do it using the F command and clicking twice on the intersection but is it possible to select multiple lines ant the same time and use the crossing line to cut along?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• SLW210

• djp6

• Steven P

Personally, I would use trim, select the horizontal lines, use the crossing command to trim one side of the horizontal lines and then mirror the horizontal lines using the crossing option.

I would copy the vertical line over a bit, Trim down the middle, Shift+Extend the lines that are too short and erase the dummy line . takes about 5 seconds.

Cat's method is fewer commands, but they seem to take about the same amount of time.

The Breakall.lsp routine requires the user to select all the lines and it does all the "breaking". There is no copying the lines, no trimming, no "shift-extending, and no erasing. Takes about 0.05 seconds. I win!

Thanks for all your ideas and help, i loaded up the breakall.lsp, it loaded in ok, i typed the function BreakAll as asked but it returns a syntax error message after i select all lines to break!

Tested and run on 2010 with no problems so I don't see why it wouldn't work on 2008 unless you neglected to select all lines both horizontal and vertical.

You didn't happen to open the lsp file, poke around in it then save it by any chance?

I thought I had a post gone missing here - then realised that djp6 had asked exactly the same question on another forum, and got exactly the same answers over there about mirroring and Breakall.lsp.

I also gave him a button macro to speed up the task.

What he has said over there is that the lines are not equal lengths, his 3m and 1.5m were just examples, and so the mirroring option wont work for him..

http://www.autocadeverything.com/help/showthread.php/5948-Breaking-multiple-lines-using-a-cross-line?p=23789#post23789

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I am trying to do what this Y**Tube video shows using AutoCad 2013 Standard. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance - DJC

• 11 months later...

Yes, it's a same with me @Hypnotical "Thank you for @ReMark and @Alan Butler!" It was amazing.. Very cool.. Awesome.. Out of Standing!

Yes, it's a same with me @Hypnotical "Thank you for @ReMark and @Alan Butler!" It was amazing.. Very cool.. Awesome.. Out of Standing!

I think the lightbulb just went on. For a moment I thought I'd have to give Deby a flashlight.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
On 11/16/2017 at 5:08 AM, jornywar said:

Thanks for posting the BreakAll.lsp link! This was my first time ever using a .lsp file, and it was super easy and useful.

Try this:

https://cadtips.cadalyst.com/linear-objects/break-multiple-lines#:~:text=The Multiple Break AutoCAD routine from Ferdinand Gawat,LISP file%2C then type in the command MBreak.

23 hours ago, Mohamed Mobarak said:

it is not Unavailable now . do you still have it , please ?

It downloads fine on my end. Must be getting blocked on your computer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SLW210 said:

It downloads fine on my end. Must be getting blocked on your computer.

I never tried that... Perhaps the OP could try from an alternative computer and see if it works from there