Help with Drawing a 3D Solid Salt & Pepper Shaker

Bobzy20

I would like to re-draw this item (see image below) but I'm not sure how I would draw the profile to be the same?

Any ideas on this?

dwg file is also attached (zipped)

Thanks

Bob

The profile is just lines and arcs. You could approximate it or if you have the real thing in hand measure it and then draw it. I don't see this as being beyond your capability to figure out. Maybe I'm missing the point of your question. And no, I did not open the attached file.

Ok would there be a way of getting the radius measurements from the profile arcs so it could be drawn the same?

And no I don't have the real item. :shock:

OK. You should have figured it out by now. What did I do? Explain it to me. You got 30 minutes to post an answer. Time now 7:30 a.m. EST. The clock starts now.

Bobby:

Time's up! Put down your pencil. I thought you would have it all figured out by now.

Briefly. I unioned all three solids that make up the shaker. I used the SECTION command to create a section cut through its center. I trimed the resultant section to create the profile and closed the profile. After that it's just a matter of revolving the profile.

That's OK. I know you were busy doing the Times of London crossword puzzle.