Using Polyedit to join lines

manchest

Hi All

I Have a problem with joining lines using polyedit

I have a customers 2D drawing that was sent to me

most of the lines are broken up in short sections, I want to join these together to form 1 continues polyline. the lines end nodes are in the same place but they will not join using polyedit.:x

I can draw 2 new lines and they join ok, it just seems to be the original drawing lines that will not join

Has anybody else come across this problem? I can only think there must be some setting on the lines stopping them from being joined

Thanks for your help

Yes, I've encountered the problem with some vendor drawings. Typically it is one of two things. 1) Duplicate lines (one atop the other) and 2) some lines are not at elevation "0".

Overkill, as suggested by Pablo, simply removes redundant lines that overlay atop each other.

For the other problem all lines must be brought to the elevation of "0". There are a couple of ways to do this. In full AutoCAD you could try using the Flatten command.

Sorry for the delay in replying

The lines are at different elevations - Obvious now you have told me

I will try the flatten command see if that helps

Thanks again for your help