topography / survey points

qball

is it possible to create a surface quickly in Autocad using 3d survey points on a DWG?

The way I did it was 3dpolylines and then lofting the surfaces. Quite time consuming. Hoping for a faster way.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marmo

• qball

• therealsaint01

• Nuttieke

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Step 01_ lisp DTM: If you have a cloud of points you cant triangulate points with 3dface.

_001.jpg

_002.jpg

_003.jpg

Step 02_lisp Autocurve: You can draw curves on 3dface of DTM

_004.jpg

_005.jpg

Step 03_lisp LV_curve to mesh:

_006.jpg

_007.jpg

_008.jpg

_009.jpg

Step 04_famous lisp M2S, mesh to solid:

_010.jpg

File zip with commands lisp:

01_DTM_AC_C2M_M2S.zip

Step 01, lisp mesh 2 point --> If tou have a mesh, obtained with previous posted lisp, or EDGESURF, or a primitive mesh object you can insert points on al vertex of mesh

_011.jpg

Step 02, lisp nodesert --> After you can insert block or 3dblock on obtained points.

_012.jpg

_013.jpg

_014.jpg

Step 03, lisp sweep with multipath --> You can explode mesh, convert 3dface in surface and extract edge (after use overkill of express tools)

_015.jpg

_016.jpg

_017.jpg

Zip files with lisp:

02_M2P_NS_SWMP_ZETA.zip

I apologize: lisp is in italian language and i'm not able to modify for translation.

But I decided to post it because it works differently than MeshToSolid lisp.

You have your mesh:

_018.jpg

With ths setting:

_019.jpg

_020.jpg

_021.jpg

With this setting:

_022.jpg

_023.jpg

_024.jpg

Red = solid

Blue = loft surface

Yellow = loft section

File zip with lisp:

10_MeshToSurf.zip

Difference between mesh an loft surface

Mesh to surf1 copia.jpg

Difference between lisp M2S and MeshToSurf (above) and difference between command Thicken ("Ispessisci" in italian) and Ticken by MeshToSurf.

Mesh to surf2 copia.jpg

The triangle with the command DTM is accurate. Thus, such as the creation of the solid with the M2S lisp.

The mesh creation or the Loft is approximate.

Hello,

Great method for triangulate a terrain, to complete, you can use Excel or the other one to create a script.

1 - create an additional column and in this one types the following formula: ="_point "&E2&","&F2&","&G2 see image (cells value depend your table)

Pascaldtm points.jpg

2 - copy out your formula up to the last point

3 - copy the column

4 - in Autocad, in the line of command, paste your list and there you will see Autocad creating automatically your points.

The only difference it is because later, I use an add-in in Autocad FLASHCDN but who and paying to it and I think it only for french autocad version.see link (http://www.delicad.com/autocad/flashcdn.htm or http://www.delicad.com/anglais/flashmnt.php)

At least the method of Marmo has the advantage to be free.

thanks Marmo

Good luck

Hello,

I have not seen such an error.

To me it has always worked.

I just tried DTM trying to generate an error. For example, trying to select the points with even blocks, polylines, overlapping dots ... always works.

Questions:

1 - with which command does not work: DTM, DTMRND, DTMFLOW or other?

2 - you are able to isolate the problem, limiting the selection to items that are the cause?

3 - With some commands, DTMZ for example, the lisp works if the model view is "TOP" and without perspective.

4-The program works with a maximum of 2000 points at a time.

If you still have problems trying to post dwg.

Regards

there are 177 points. The error message comes up when I try to pick all at once. It seems to work if I do smaller segments at a time. So that should work for me. Strange though.

Hello,

maybe just depends on the position of the points.

The lisp of this type are influenced by the UCS, and thus the position of objects.

I think it's a good idea to work for segments.

To test the lisp you could generate a cloud of random points with the command DTMRND and try DTM with that cloud.

Regards

marmo my man, i must say this is possibly the worst illustration on how to do get the map like you have it... The pics have no instructions or directions...perhaps some in depth guidance would be greatly appreciated... im sorry i just cant get this thing to work at all... i find manually "joining the dots" and then lofting time consuming but well worth it...

Hi therealsaint01,:)

1- "The pics have no instructions or directions..." : this is a collection of lisp that relate to terrain modeling.

If you know how the lisp works, you will know that the instructions are contained in the text of lisp before the routine.

Rewrite all seemed useless. For DTM lisp there is a file txt with instructions.

2 - " i find manually "joining the dots" and then lofting time consuming ": that you have patience!

3- "but well worth it... " : For each pattern you see in the photos I took me 3 seconds: command, choose the points, result.

I repeat: the instructions are contained in the zip file, generally in the lisp file and written before the routine.

Just look at that picture i have posted, if you like and if you need them at the bottom there is a file zip.

Regards

realsaint: after you've loaded all the lisps into the file and have your topo points:

step 1: type DTM, select points - should draw 3dfaces

step 2: type AC, select 3dfaces - draws contour lines

step 3: explode pline contour lines as marmo said "Lisp curve to mesh works only with line: need to explode pline obtained with Autocurve. ", type LV, select contour lines

then the lisp seems to freeze all layers and creates a mesh

step 4: type m2s, turns mesh into a solid

marmo, note that picking the smaller segments sometimes does some really goofy stuff. It's best to pick as many points as possible, but I don't know why there is an error sometimes.

Don't know if it was mentioned before but if you need more than this you probably need Civil 3d, but this works well for what I will need it for. (I had to figure out retaining wall heights and tie-back concrete walls, etc, for an elevator in some big shot's house.)

Hi qball,

The examples I posted are made of 500 points and I have selected only once.

Have you tried the test of lisp with the command DTMRND, as I wrote in previous post?

I attach a file with 2000 points. I designed the DTM with a single selection.

Try it and let me know.

If the point cloud is very complex (not in terms of number of points but the height differences) is not realistic to expect autocad return a task of interpreting the model.

I think this is a problem that has to do even the software professional.

Regards

2000pt.dwg