File size suddenly increased in civil 3d and also taking 15 min to open file.

Nilesh Jagtap

hi friends,

after long time in civil 3d i got one strange thing ...that

from last week, even if i open "new" file and saved it some where it becomes 4.5mb

in civil 3d but if i open same file in Autocad and saved it again then it becomes 90kb

and this problem also doing same thing in my existing project files....but before last week every thing running smooth...

i have done with every thing that .... - purge, audit, scalelistedit, mapclean, isavepercent ...etc

but nothing solved...also i have changed my "working folder" to blank folder

(i can't upload any respected file bcoz it around 4.5mb so i have given "shared link')

http://www.4shared.com/photo/YGTug21B/new_block.html

any ideas...?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you updated your template drawing recently? How big is the template? Have you upgraded any part of the system recently, say, from C3D 09 to 10?

I don't know exactly what C3D puts in a file on top of the usual AutoCAD info, but it must be huge. My simplest drawings start at 1MB.

Have you updated your template drawing recently? How big is the template? Have you upgraded any part of the system recently, say, from C3D 09 to 10?

I don't know exactly what C3D puts in a file on top of the usual AutoCAD info, but it must be huge. My simplest drawings start at 1MB.

ya....ic have upgraded to civil 3d 2011....now i have both versions on my machine....but 2011 working fine ..is there any conflict with these two versions?

i am using default template from civil 3d