Display Full Path in Title inaccurate - C3D 2011

Hardney

Is it only me or people in my office that has this «problem», the full path in title display of my drawings are not the good ones when I have more than one drawing opened in one Civil 3D? What it does is that it shows the preceding drawing full path instead of current drawing path. It's not an actual problem for it doesn't interfere with my work, but just a little annoying when trying to know what is the current drawing and seeing another drawing's name...

Try opening AutoCAD Options (._options command), and on the 'Open and Save' tab, make sure you checked the 'Display full path in title' box.

Also, I am not sure if this works with C3D 2011, but you could use MDITab*.arx to tab the open drawings within your current session:

http://www.dailyautocad.com/2009/10/free-mdi-tabs-tool-from-autodesk.html

Thank you for the reply RenderMan, but the «problem» actually is due to the checking the «Display full path in title» box. The option isn't showing the right information which is showing the full path of the preceding drawing when more than a drawing is open in a C3D. Hope this is a bit clearer...

Why use SDI with C3D? I have multiple drawings open frequently, and it's very useful. You can even drag-n-drop things like Styles and Description Key Sets between the drawings.

As for the OP's problem, I do not see that. I notice the title changes to the wrong drawing name when I first change that setting in OPTIONS. But as soon as I change drawings, it displays the correct name again. And except for that bad behavior immediately after I change the setting in OPTIONS, it always seems to be displaying the correct drawing name.