Learning the art of LISP commands

Kat

Hi All

I would like to learn more about LISP commands and how to write them. Are there any good books anyone would recommend, instead of misc. posts here and there about them?

Thanks

Kat :D

Thanks everyone!

Looks like I have my work cut out for me! Thanks for the excellent links. They don't teach lisp routines in high school autocad classes! Imagine that. Otherwise the rest of my Autocad knowledge has been self and experience taught.

Just a hint... learn to use Vlide - the Visual Lisp Editor (enter vlide at the command line). There are lots of advantages to using it over a text editor such as Notepad.

I want to learn lisp a simple question answer seems simple but is obscure.

My answer you must have a goal before you start don't make it too complex.

Start with something like draw a box or changing objects, a series of commands that you repeat to achieve a result line circle trim line etc Most of our time savers are simple repeating commands automated rather than complex drawing manipulation.

Post a question here of what you want to achieve and we can guide you on how to achieve the reults what commands to use and check your code but without us writing it for you.

Also put comments in your code it helps to understand whats going on. Most posts here often have elaborate comments to help others.