Hollow Polyline

matatmicad

Hey,

can somebody remind me please what the variable for the display to change polyline with widths to rectangular kind of lines is? I know what I need just cant remember the command.

Its a visual one so the polyline could look different in each port.

ty.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azwanshah

• ReMark

• matatmicad

• JPlanera

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is a "recangular kind of line"? If all you want to do is just show the outside of the "wide" line, then as rkent said, FILL then REGEN...

It isnt any particular visual setting but a specific polyline issue. Basically any polyline with a width +0 appears as a elongated rectangle, theres a variable that applies to specific views or spaces that I am after.

im sorry, im not sure i understand... in your first post you say it is a visual one, now you say it isnt any particular visual setting... are you refering to THICKNESS???

apologies, it is a visual setting set to a specific view that changes the polyline iteslf, but not anything to do with ucs orientation, thickness, 3D settings.

Basically in one viewport the polyline is a 50 width line, in another it is a stretched rectangle.

Well this is infact a use of the FILL command.. Set up your viewports in the manner you require. Activate the viewport in which you want the stretch rectangle to be. Type FILL at the command line and set it to OFF. Then REGEN. This only changes the selected viewport, so the other one will still show the "width" of the line. Exit the viewport, and you're done!

In the end, this is not a variable more or less viewport manipulation. If there is a variable out there, i dont know of it... Hope this helps.

hello, i'm having quite a same problem too, but a bit more complicated, to me. My polyline width appear hollow in both paperspace and modelspace. i've tried FILL, lwdisplay, fillmode, but nothing seems to happen. This only occur on some drawing, while in the other, its seems ok. I've try to copy paste a polyline from other good drawing, and the polyline appear hollow, in fact the paste object doesn't seem to stay intact, with the hatch seems to be stray away from the polyline body

It sounds to me as though someone tried to apply a hatch to a 3D object and the UCS was not relocated properly.

will that happen even when i just want to draw a simple thick polyline, because, when i try to draw a single thick polyline, it still appear that way, hollow..

It sounds to me as though someone tried to apply a hatch to a 3D object and the UCS was not relocated properly.

I tried to hatch a rectangle drawn in world orientation, with the UCS rotated by 1 degree. I just got an error that said aclosed boundary could not be found...