gear with 9 teeth

cdobbins

I must be making this too hard! How to draw a simple gear with 9 teeth, spaces same size as the teeth, angle between sides of tooth 30 degrees. (I know there is a lisp for this, but I want to be able to draw it manually).

Thanks!

CDobbins

AutoCAD 2006

With this information only, how do I know how wide to make the tooth? (Besides trial and error).

I'll try to post a little drawing of the exercise. But picture a tooth with the only dimension extended lines at the widest part of the tooth "30 degree angle" and the following:

TOOTH THICKNESS EQUAL TO SPACE

9 TEETH & 9 SPACES

CENTERLINE DIAMETER 27

OUTSIDE DIAMETER 30

INSIDE DIAMETER 24

CDobbins

• 3 years later...

i need to draw gear , 20 teeth, diametral pitch5, 20 degrees pressure angle , face width 2.500 shaft diameter 1.125 keyway for a .25 square key.. need a detail drawing??

I doubt anyone here is going to make you a detailed drawing of the gear you're looking for. There have been other threads posted regarding drawing gears in the past so I suggest you use the Search feature above to find some of them. Oh, and do you have a good technical or engineering drawing book at hand? If not, you might want to consider picking one up.

For that search use the words draw gear. I know it works because I just tried it myself. If you still have questions post them.

ReMark, His first post was a request for us to do his homework and you spanked him soundly - you really think he's coming back?

Glen

ReMark, His first post was a request for us to do his homework and you spanked him soundly - you really think he's coming back?

Glen

You think I was too harsh?:unsure:

In the spirit of brotherly love I offer the following.

Need help drawing a standard involute gear profile in 2D then head on over to:

http://www.xanadu.cz/en/download.asp

Page way down until you come to CAD Utilities. Under this heading look for then download TrueGear.lsp v2.10.2005 written by Eugeny Kalney. It's approximately 39KB in size.

You think I was too harsh?:unsure:

No I do not. If you don't have the sense to find out what a forum is like by lurking for a while before posting, don't be surprised when the locals tell you the rules in no uncertain terms.

I have found the people here to be extremely helpful, surprisingly so. But the question asked was not "what is the process for drawing a gear?" It (sounded to me like) "who will be drawing this gear for me?"

Glen

PS. Tommy, that gear has 18 teeth - 2 short of what the second request was for!