Drawing failing to load

anhanguera

I am failing to open a drawing which works all other station in office I've tried clean up scales, recover even DWG TrueView to convert that drawing into 2000 and 2004 files but nothing changed. every time when drawing loading status reaches %81 loading stops and not responding then a screen to send trouble report to AutoDesk that's all, no error message, no etc...

Since the drawing is known to work on other stations place a copy on a flash drive. Install the flash drive on your computer. Open AutoCAD and then open the copy of the file that is on the flash drive itself. What happens?

Note: The flash drive should have a fair amount of free space available so AutoCAD can write temporary files to it. If it is near capacity this won't work.

good idea but i've tried it too. in fact the project came on a flash drive. funny it is working where it came from on that same drive but not here. I am suspecting of virus but still couldn't find

i've tired every way i know but failed only a virus could be that tough i guess. things like this happen time to time but i always figure a way out but not with this

i am absuletely sure my computer is infected norton finds too many of them all the time and i am not sure about drawing i didn't scanned it but i will now.... i scanned and no virus

I was pretty sure your drawing wasn't infected but I had to ask. If it were you would be reporting problems of a totally different nature.

Have you done a full system scan? I'm not talking a quick scan.

When was the last time you defragged the hard drive?

You did not answer my previous question re: having problems with other dwg files. This file is the ONLY one you are having a problem with? Yes/No?

Are you experiencing problems in other programs opening files such as doc, xls, mdb, etc?

my computer also works as some kind of server all the files on our local network are stored in my computer i have done a full scan but i can't reboot my computer even sundays so all the threats still remain this also goes for defragging too. it is almost impossible to find a suitable time to reboot. I've closed all updates. about your question i wrote "things like this happen time to time but i always figure a way out but not with this". I am not having any problems with any other programs

I tried to recover the drawing back home with 2010 and worked. I "save as"ed it with another name and as 2004 drawing.now it is working. I also saw your tip "inserting as a block" for sunday a few minutes ago and tired it and hey it is a miracle. thank alot ReMark for your great interest. I definetely find some time to begin reading books and spend more time with autocad.