Dimension height grayed out in Dimension Style Manager

eklektikus

(Self-taught, novice) This is a drawing that has been in process for a day or two. This morning I opened the drawing, moved a couple of items in Model Space and suddenly the dimension (done in Model Space) text height of the items jumped to 6" in height. Double-clicking the dimension to open the Properties Manager showed that it should have been 1/4" in height (what it was originally set for). When I looked at the Dimension Style Manager in the Annotate tab it showed the correct Text Style, but the Height dimension was grayed out. If I choose a different Dimension Style, then the Text Height will allow changes, but when I return to my standard Dimension Style, the Height goes back to being grayed out. And the only way I can find to change the text height is to actually change it in the Annotate, Text Style tab. I have never encountered this before; my dimensioning and texting have always seemed to be "separate" but now they appear to be "tied together". Any ideas as to why I can no longer control the Text Height in the Dimension Style Manager? Thank you.

Probably because the TextStyle you are using in your DimStyle has a set height. Try setting the TextStyle height to 0 with the Style command.

lpsiefert, you are one "steely-eyed missle man"! Thank you so much! Everything appears to be back to "normal", or put another way, "the way it was". The Height measurement is no longer grayed out in Dimension Style Manager and I can now change the dimension height when double clicking the dimension to open the Properties tab! Damn, nothing like owing a debt of gratitude! Thanks again.