can't change color of lines

gib65

Please have a look at this snapshot:

walls.jpg

This is a wall on a floor plan I'm working on. Notice the black lines and the gray lines. The black is on a layer called "A-Wall-Fnsh". It's on the outside of the building. The gray is on a layer called "A-Wall". It's on the inside.

For some reason, I can't get them to be uniform color. I selected them all and set the color to pure black, and only the outer wall becomes black. Why would the inner wall remain gray?

Thanks for the help.

Are the inner lines (gray) part of a block, by chance?

*IF* so, then try using the ._refedit command to set the lines to 'ByBlock'.

Hope this helps!

Please have a look at this snapshot:

walls.jpg

This is a wall on a floor plan I'm working on. Notice the black lines and the gray lines. The black is on a layer called "A-Wall-Fnsh". It's on the outside of the building. The gray is on a layer called "A-Wall". It's on the inside.

For some reason, I can't get them to be uniform color. I selected them all and set the color to pure black, and only the outer wall becomes black. Why would the inner wall remain gray?

Thanks for the help.

Is "A-wall" layer locked?

Are the inner lines (gray) part of a block, by chance?

Doesn't seem like it.

Is "A-wall" layer locked?

If I'm supposed to look at the little lock symbol beside the layer name, then no, it doesn't seem to be layer locked.

My goodness... there's an entire project in that ZIP file, dude! You can start by telling me which of the 10 drawings you want me to check out.

FYI - Next time, only upload the drawing in question. I already said I'd help, so I will (this time) :glare:.

Edit: I'll check back tomorrow.

Yeah, sorry about that. I tried creating a new file with just the one piece in question and it's still too big. But I uploaded it to my FTP site if you want to grab it now.

The grey lines seem to have some material applied to them. Unfortunately my ACad bombs out when I open the material palette on your DWG. You can see that it's got a material, since the Properties palette shows the option of "Casts and references shadows" for the lines on the A-Wall layer, but not so for those on the A-Wall-Fnsh layer. I've tried detaching the material from those lines, but it has no effect. I've matched properties and then changed the layer back - that seems to work.

However, as rkent's suggested the you could overcome this by changing the visual style. Though the 2D with its black background's going to cause problems since your lines are set to RGB:0,0,0 - thus you won't see them at all. You could change the visual style to something other than Realistic / Conceptual, that seems to work. Even the Shades of Grey, Sketchy & XRay styles work fine from the Visual Styles tool palette.