AutoCAD 2010 out of memory in spite of /3GB switch

Cadfisch

I am running AutoCAD 2010 on a Vista Home Premium 32bit system. 4GB Ram.

The /3GB switch is set. I believe that while working with AutoCAD 2009 previously on the same machine I saw up to 2600MB of Memory usage without causing any problem.

Now every time memory usage gets to 2000MB AutoCAD announces “running out of memory” and crashes.

I verified that the /3GB switch is still set.

Does AutoCAD 2010 support the “IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE”?

Can I find out whether this feature is set?

Thanks

Cadfisch

Thanks Cad64,

Yes I have a multi-processor machine. The WHIPTHREAD variable is set to 1, my virtual memory is set to 6144MB. But my problem is that AutoCAD doesn't use the available physical memory. It crashes at 2000MB which would normally indicate that there is no /3GB switch activated or AutoCAD doesn't have the "IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE" feature enabled. As I said AutoCAD 2009 would often use up to 2600MB. BTW my AutoCAD versions would never solve a memory problem by using the virtual memory whatever size was allocated there. That seems to be another bug.