3d pdf

Kremer

Hey there,

I was curious if it was possible to create a 3D PDF, I know it is possible to produce 3D DWF's.

I saw a website which said to just right click the 3D model file and go to "convert to .pdf" but I get an error saying I do not have a certain file, which Adobe blames on the program from which the file to be converted came from (in this case AutoCAD).

Happy to hear any answers :geek:

You can achieve this by selecting the "DWG to PDF.pc3" plotter in the plot dialog box & printing your model to a pdf.

Regards

Vivian

Thank you very much Vivian,

Unless I'm doing something wrong all I get is an image of my current view.

What I am looking for is an interactive 3D PDF which enables you to rotate and pan around the model.

I know they exist as I recieved one on this project I am working on.

Wow, that's some really cool stuff. But I can almost guarantee you that it's not a PDF file you've got, especially if you're able to interact with it and rotate around it. I've seen something like this before but would be interested in exactly what you've got there. Can you share more details about it.

And BTW...I don't believe you can create such a file with AutoCAD. This sounds more like something that was created with Inventor or one of the more complex Adobe tools. I'd love to have this because I'm constantly wanting to convey 3d views to others and instead of snding them five drawings I could send them one and they could rotate it any way they want.

Wow, that's some really cool stuff. But I can almost guarantee you that it's not a PDF file you've got, especially if you're able to interact with it and rotate around it. I've seen something like this before but would be interested in exactly what you've got there. Can you share more details about it.

A very cool (or I thought so) example of a 3D PDF is here:-

http://www.lindapter.com/Downloads/Get/3d_pdf/Lindapter_Model_368.pdf

(I hope its ok to post the address? I have nothing to do with the above and have not asked their permission? if not please remove post.)

We looked into doing it briefly but didnt have the correct software to do it. We use a non Autodesk modelling program which didnt have the flexibility to output in the correct format I think. Sorry can't give more info it was a little while ago.

This file is 5mb so i imagine the file sizes would be huge anyway.