Can I Run AutoCad (preferably 2011) on my Laptop?

HiGhGuY

Hey, I just started going to school for architectural CADD. Wondering if I can run Autocad (preferably 2011) on my laptop? got it near the end of 2006 (sony VGN-FE770G) ram upgraded to 2gb (from 1)

I have already looked on the autodesk website at the system requirements, and with the upgraded ram, I meet all requirements except there is 1 in question....

it says minimum: 1,280 x 1,024 true color video display adapter 128 MB or greater

If i go into display properties, the highest screen resolution i can get is 1280x800. my laptop uses the Intel® GMA 950 integrated graphics controller. So does that mean that I can't use autocad on my pc?

Also, on the system requirements it has a seperate area called "additional requirements for 3d modeling". Under that, one of the things it requires is pixel shader 3.0 or greater, where as the GMA 950 only has pixel shader 2.0. So If i was able to somehow run autocad 2011, does that mean I can only use the 2d drafting? I can't even do basic stuff in 3d.... even in wireframe view?

Would appreciate any help. Also.. I'm running windows xp sp3, any other information i'm forgetting just let me know, thanks.

It sounds like if you could get it to run (questionable) you would not be happy with its performance which in turn would just cause you unneeded aggravation. It's either time to buy a new laptop or maybe a slightly used laptop with better specs. A dedicated graphics card would be a plus in any new-to-you laptop.