export a table from cad to excel

naserrishehri@yahoo.com

I posted a link recently to a lisp routine that will export what appears to be a table (linework and text) to an Excel file. It was called Export Table.lsp and the routine was started by typing the letters ETT at the command line.

I have tested and used the lisp routine with no problem in AutoCAD 2010.

Your so called "table" is really just a series of lines and text is it not? If so, then this routine should work unless you are selecting something AutoCAD was not expecting (like a block).

dear remark

thanks a lot for your lisp.i used it and it was good for well arranged tables but if data in the table had bad arrangement ,then the lisp couldn't work good.

kind regards

Sorry but I can't do anything about tables with "bad arrangements". Remember the saying "Garbage in equals garbage out." It stands to reason we should all pay close attention to the way we do things even with CAD. Bad practices did not disappear when CAD came into being unfortunately.

Alright, I take that back. I am a magician.

I was able to produce an Excel file called Sample Table.xls from the lines and text provided in your zip file.

I don't know what you did wrong. There are really only two instructions. 1) Put a window around the table. 2) Name the table but do not include the file type.

It does work. Go back and try it again.

dear remark

i did the same as you by acad2004.but the result was an excel file which contain only the first column.

kind regards

dear remark

the result excel file that i got from "sample table" file is in the attachment.

i used the attached lisp to export the table.

please check

tr.zip

ETT.zip

Edited by naserrishehri@yahoo.com

I never checked the contents of the xls file I created yesterday. When I did go back and look I immediately saw what the problem was so I tried again this morning, several times in fact but could not get the desired results. The best I could do was to fully extract everything in the first column on the left. Each column thereafter, that I tried an extraction on, failed to result in all the values being brought over into Excel. For the moment I am unable to provide you with a solution to the problem.

Seems to work as advertised.

Note: Have Excel open before trying to extract the data.

To run the routine type b2e at the command line then follow the two prompts.

It could be improved if the routine asked the user for a file name. Upon first use you're left wondering what just happened.

Thanks lpseifert. This should make the OP happy.