+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior Member Jef!'s Avatar
    Using
    AutoCAD 2008
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    121

    Default ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT

    Registered forum members do not see this ad.

    Greatings everyone!

    At work, some colleagues and me have a common issue. (Not all CAD workstation have the same problem) We started to have the problem recently, and few days back our CAD expert left, so I take over the investigation.

    Once in a while, we start having some remanent error message in our history. Here's a sample
    Code:
    DIST Specify first point:  Specify second point:
    Distance = 0.5118,  Angle in XY Plane = 90,  Angle from XY Plane = 0
    Delta X = 0.0000,  Delta Y = 0.5118,   Delta Z = 0.0000
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: burst
    Initializing...bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>
    Select objects: *Cancel*
    Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 0 found
    Select objects: *Cancel*
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    Command:
    Automatic save to C:\Documents and 
    Settings\Jef!\Desktop\autosave\ES-AFANxE0101_1_33_5724.sv$ ...
    Command:
    Command: Specify opposite corner:
    Command:
    Automatic save to C:\Documents and 
    Settings\Jef!\Desktop\autosave\ES-AFANxE0101_1_33_5724.sv$ ...
    Command:
    Command: c CIRCLE Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan 
    radius)]:
    Specify radius of circle or [Diameter]: *Cancel*
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: l LINE Specify first point:
    Specify next point or [Undo]: *Cancel*
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: *Cancel*
    Command: l LINE Specify first point:
    Specify next point or [Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: *Cancel*
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: overkill
    Initializing...bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>
    Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 5 found
    Select objects:
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    _.zoom
    Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or
    [All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] <real time>: 1.000001x
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    This is a part of my history as is, unmodified in any way. Once the "error" occurs once, as you can see the message can really flood our history, giving us a hard time when we are trying to use it for it's sole purpose; that is to go look back in history. The only way to stop it is to close CAD and restart it... until the problem starts again.

    Some commands seem to trigger the problem, or I should say that when it does occur in the past days i've noted what was the last command entered at the command line before the problem started. It may be a coincidence but it seems that it's always the same few commands. (Other commands may trigger the problem, if it happens I could come update the list if it can be of any use)
    The commands are the following:
    -Layiso
    -Chspace

    Maybe someone knows something about this?
    Any solutions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers!
    Jef!

  2. #2
    Forum Deity BlackBox's Avatar
    Computer Details
    BlackBox's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 8.1 Professional, Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
    Computer:
    Dell Precision T3600
    CPU:
    Hex-Core Intel Xeon 3.2Ghz
    RAM:
    32GB
    Graphics:
    3GB NVIDIA Quadro K4000
    Primary Storage:
    256GB SSD
    Secondary Storage:
    1TB Western Digital VelociRaptor 10K RPM
    Monitor:
    Dual 24" Dell Ultrasharp Widescreen Monitors
    Using
    Civil 3D 2015
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jef! View Post
    Code:
    DIST Specify first point: Specify second point:
    Distance = 0.5118, Angle in XY Plane = 90, Angle from XY Plane = 0
    Delta X = 0.0000, Delta Y = 0.5118, Delta Z = 0.0000
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: burst
    Initializing...bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>
    Select objects: *Cancel*
    Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 0 found
    Select objects: *Cancel*
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    Command:
    Automatic save to C:\Documents and 
    Settings\Jef!\Desktop\autosave\ES-AFANxE0101_1_33_5724.sv$ ...
    Command:
    Command: Specify opposite corner:
    Command:
    Automatic save to C:\Documents and 
    Settings\Jef!\Desktop\autosave\ES-AFANxE0101_1_33_5724.sv$ ...
    Command:
    Command: c CIRCLE Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan 
    radius)]:
    Specify radius of circle or [Diameter]: *Cancel*
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: l LINE Specify first point:
    Specify next point or [Undo]: *Cancel*
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: *Cancel*
    Command: l LINE Specify first point:
    Specify next point or [Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]:
    Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: *Cancel*
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Command: overkill
    Initializing...bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 
    <EXRXSUBR>>
    Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 5 found
    Select objects:
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    _.zoom
    Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or
    [All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] <real time>: 1.000001x
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil
    bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>; error: An 
    error has occurred inside the *error* functioninvalid AutoCAD command: nil

    The problem that I see first is that a routine's error checking has failed to reset the *error* function. Start trying to find out what 'custom' routine has done this, perhaps a reactor is responsible...?

    Hope this helps!
    "Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood

    Autodesk Exchange Apps
    ~ Autoloader ~ AutoCAD Security

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jef!'s Avatar
    Using
    AutoCAD 2008
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Yeah, it helps, thank you. I'm not sure to know what's the difference between a reactor and a function, but i have a similar feeling
    I see that many lisp created by our "ex-cad expert" starts with something similar to this:
    Code:
    (defun *error* (msg)
       (princ "\nFunction KBALLOON cancelled by user.")
       (setvar "ATTREQ" 1)
       (setvar "CLAYER" L)
       (setvar "OSMODE" O)
       (setvar "CMDECHO" 1)
       (princ)
    )
    Since all lisps have a function *error*, how would you find which function/reactor create my problem? What would be the process? What should i look for?

  4. #4
    Forum Deity BlackBox's Avatar
    Computer Details
    BlackBox's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 8.1 Professional, Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
    Computer:
    Dell Precision T3600
    CPU:
    Hex-Core Intel Xeon 3.2Ghz
    RAM:
    32GB
    Graphics:
    3GB NVIDIA Quadro K4000
    Primary Storage:
    256GB SSD
    Secondary Storage:
    1TB Western Digital VelociRaptor 10K RPM
    Monitor:
    Dual 24" Dell Ultrasharp Widescreen Monitors
    Using
    Civil 3D 2015
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,714

    Default

    You're welcome.

    Unfortunately, tracking down someone else's code deficiencies is never an easy task, even if the mistake is a simple typo.

    For starters, diligently observe exactly which command(s) are used that produce this error. Sometimes, slowing down one's production level is not an acceptable option, so ensuring each effected user has their log file enabled may offer an 'after action' review document once the error has already taken place.


    Edit:
    Within the error function you posted, there is no call to reset the *error* to its original state, so unless this function is defined as a local variable, any instance like this will present an error thereafter. It is considered best practice to store the old, redefine *error*, and reset.

    Localized example:

    Code:
    (defun c:TEST (/ *error*)
      (defun *error* (msg)
       (princ "\nFunction KBALLOON cancelled by user.")
       (setvar "ATTREQ" 1)
       (setvar "CLAYER" L)
       (setvar "OSMODE" O)
       (setvar "CMDECHO" 1)
       (princ))
      ;; ...Code
      (princ))

    Common example:

    Code:
    (defun *error* (msg)
      (setq *error* *oldError*
        *oldError* nil)
      (princ))
     
    (defun c:TEST ()
      (setq *oldError* *error*)
      ;; ...Code
      (setq *error* *oldError*
        *oldError* nil)
      (princ))
    "Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood

    Autodesk Exchange Apps
    ~ Autoloader ~ AutoCAD Security

  5. #5
    Super Moderator rkmcswain's Avatar
    Computer Details
    rkmcswain's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Motherboard:
    Intel DZ77RE-75K
    CPU:
    i7-4770K 3.50GHz
    RAM:
    32GB
    Graphics:
    Nvidia Quadro 2000
    Primary Storage:
    125GB SSD
    Secondary Storage:
    500GB SATA
    Monitor:
    ASUS 27" / ASUS 24"
    Discipline
    Civil
    Using
    Civil 3D 2015
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jef! View Post
    Since all lisps have a function *error*,
    Careful, not ALL lisp files contain an *error* function.

    You can also just overwrite the current definition of *error* by setting it to nil.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Jef!'s Avatar
    Using
    AutoCAD 2008
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenderMan View Post
    You're welcome.
    Unfortunately, tracking down someone else's code deficiencies is never an easy task, even if the mistake is a simple typo.
    For starters, diligently observe exactly which command(s) are used that produce this error. Sometimes, slowing down one's production level is not an acceptable option, so ensuring each effected user has their log file enabled may offer an 'after action' review document once the error has already taken place.

    Edit:
    Within the error function you posted, there is no call to reset the *error* to its original state, so unless this function is defined as a local variable, any instance like this will present an error thereafter. It is considered best practice to store the old, redefine *error*, and reset.
    Hi Renderman, and thank you. I hope one day I will achieve your level of expertise in autolisps. Indeed finding code flaws in other'S work is not an easy task
    I was curious to see what exactly was stored in the var *error*, here'S what I found (on my colleague's session)
    Code:
    (princ *error*)
    #<SUBR @00000000210de890 *ERROR*>#<SUBR @00000000210de890 *ERROR*>

    I tryed to manually do what both you and rkmcswain suggested (overwrite the def of *error* and setting it to nil) on my PC, to see if it could suppress that error message
    Code:
    Command: (setq *error* nil)
    nil
    Command: (princ *error*)
    nilnil
    Command: circle
    CIRCLE Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan radius)]: *Cancel*
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Even when the value of *error* is nil, it seems that the problem remains (I can have the message few times in some commands (like overkill, who generates it many times), or every time i cancel a command (line, circle))
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    Careful, not ALL lisp files contain an *error* function.
    You can also just overwrite the current definition of *error* by setting it to nil.
    I totally agree, not ALL lisp files contain an *error* fonction. I omitted a word, you should have read:
    I see that many lisp created by our "ex-cad expert" starts with something similar to this:
    [example here]
    Since all HIS lisps have a function *error*, how would you find which function/reactor create my problem? What would be the process? What should i look for?
    I think we are searching on the right direction..

  7. #7
    Super Moderator rkmcswain's Avatar
    Computer Details
    rkmcswain's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Motherboard:
    Intel DZ77RE-75K
    CPU:
    i7-4770K 3.50GHz
    RAM:
    32GB
    Graphics:
    Nvidia Quadro 2000
    Primary Storage:
    125GB SSD
    Secondary Storage:
    500GB SATA
    Monitor:
    ASUS 27" / ASUS 24"
    Discipline
    Civil
    Using
    Civil 3D 2015
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jef! View Post
    I tryed to manually do what both you and rkmcswain suggested (overwrite the def of *error* and setting it to nil) on my PC, to see if it could suppress that error message
    Code:
    Command: (setq *error* nil)
    nil
    Command: (princ *error*)
    nilnil
    Command: circle
    CIRCLE Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan radius)]: *Cancel*
    ; error: bad argument type: VLA-OBJECT #<SUBR @0000000021a488e0 <EXRXSUBR>>
    Even when the value of *error* is nil, it seems that the problem remains
    That makes sense. If there is no error handler, then the error will be dumped as you see there (error: bad argument type...)
    That is why I suggested setting *error* to nil, it takes the error handler out of the equation.

    So have you stepped through the code to find the line where this error is occurring?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Jef!'s Avatar
    Using
    AutoCAD 2008
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    That makes sense. If there is no error handler, then the error will be dumped as you see there (error: bad argument type...)
    That is why I suggested setting *error* to nil, it takes the error handler out of the equation.
    Then why on earth even after setting manually *error* to nil i still get the message after cancelling any commands like line or circle (without calling any lisp that redefines back the var *error*)?

    Quote Originally Posted by rkmcswain View Post
    So have you stepped through the code to find the line where this error is occurring?
    Not yet. Like i said earlier, all the lisps our ex cad-expert created use the variable *error*, but what I don't understand is why I keep having these errors not while i'm executing these lisps, but instead i get the error while running "chspace" & "layiso" commands. I have the feeling that i will need to master reactors to be able to figure that one out...

  9. #9
    Forum Deity BlackBox's Avatar
    Computer Details
    BlackBox's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 8.1 Professional, Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
    Computer:
    Dell Precision T3600
    CPU:
    Hex-Core Intel Xeon 3.2Ghz
    RAM:
    32GB
    Graphics:
    3GB NVIDIA Quadro K4000
    Primary Storage:
    256GB SSD
    Secondary Storage:
    1TB Western Digital VelociRaptor 10K RPM
    Monitor:
    Dual 24" Dell Ultrasharp Widescreen Monitors
    Using
    Civil 3D 2015
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jef! View Post
    Then why on earth even after setting manually *error* to nil i still get the message after cancelling any commands like line or circle (without calling any lisp that redefines back the var *error*)?

    ... what I don't understand is why I keep having these errors not while i'm executing these lisps, but instead i get the error while running "chspace" & "layiso" commands.

    Because... *error* = nil (if not something else?), instead of *error* = *error*.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jef! View Post
    I have the feeling that i will need to master reactors to be able to figure that one out...

    Reactors are very useful, but in this situation, they would only *potentially* help you to find the cause to the symptom(s) you're experiencing. Reactors will not solve your problem.
    "Potential has a shelf life." - Margaret Atwood

    Autodesk Exchange Apps
    ~ Autoloader ~ AutoCAD Security

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jef!'s Avatar
    Using
    AutoCAD 2008
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Registered forum members do not see this ad.

    Quote Originally Posted by RenderMan View Post
    Because... *error* = nil (if not something else?), instead of *error* = *error*.
    When the problem happens, and in command line i input (princ *error*) I get the following kind of value:
    #<SUBR @00000000210be890 *ERROR*>#<SUBR @00000000210be890 *ERROR*>
    When I type (still in command line) (setq *error* nil) I still get the same message(in history, after initializing a command and cancelling it)
    When I type (still in command line) (setq *error* 0) Here's what I get (in history, after initializing a command and cancelling it)
    Code:
    Command: c
    CIRCLE Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan radius)]: *Cancel*
    ; error: An error has occurred inside the *error* functionbad function: 0
    Even if I set *error* to *error* or "*error*" i keep having the same kind of messages again and again.
    I'm clearly few steps behind you in autolisp, because I don't get what you're trying to explain

    Quote Originally Posted by RenderMan View Post
    Reactors are very useful, but in this situation, they would only *potentially* help you to find the cause to the symptom(s) you're experiencing. Reactors will not solve your problem.
    I don't think reactors will solve my problem, i think reactors ARE my problem

Similar Threads

  1. ; error: bad argument type: numberp: nil
    By jpl in forum AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th Oct 2010, 08:36 pm
  2. ; error: bad argument type: numberp: nil
    By jpl in forum AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th Oct 2010, 06:08 pm
  3. error: bad argument type: 2D/3D point: nil
    By mitchellrodhous in forum AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 9th Jun 2010, 11:27 am
  4. error: bad argument type: lentityp nil
    By humphe in forum AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19th Nov 2009, 12:47 am
  5. error: bad argument type: point: nil
    By au-s in forum AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th Feb 2009, 01:51 pm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts