Black Screen w/white full cross hairs or white screen with the multi-colored UCS icon

Currahee

I am sort of torn between...I like the light background when I am drawing in 3D...but when doing just a 2D...I like the white on black

I know of a bunch of ol schoolers are going to agree/disagree about this one...but I enjoy the black back ground myself.

I do not know anyone who professionally uses any design/modeling software (AutoCAD, Maya, etc.) that actually prefers anything other than a black background. Even in college studying Computer Animation... first thing we checked in a new Maya lab was the background color.

I think a lot of it is simply that it is what people are used to (although not all of it :wink:), or also that they simply don't know anything else. As an example, nearly everyone I know of who use ACad, do so with a black background in Model Space, but a white/grey BG in PS ... simply because that's the default (some change the PS to black as well). But then everyone I've seen working in Revit uses white BG all round, even though it is changeable - and these guys are the same ones working with the black in AC :?.