In need of more walls, windows & doors

Nick-H-

for some reason i have hardly any different types of windows doors and walls in revit,

is there anywhere i can download groups of these instead of just 1 or 2 at a time :)

for some reason i have hardly any different types of windows doors and walls in revit,

is there anywhere i can download groups of these instead of just 1 or 2 at a time :)

Try the manufacturers websites. Not sure who makes them over there, but we have Anderson, Peachtree, etc. Often, you can download free cad drawings of their products. This goes for kitchen, bath, and appliances as well.

• 3 weeks later...
it was just generic walls etc.. they seem to be missing

Revit right out of the box has only Generic walls. You have to create your own or download them. You wont find 1 wall does it all family. Its acttually better that you find individual walls so you can use the new feature "Stack Wall" and combine 2 or more walls to create stucco on brick for example.

However for windows you may find 1 window brand with all of their windows in 1 family. Im starting to see this more and more. But most likely youll find the Brand with families broken down into styles.

Hope that helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Go to the USG website, they have every wall, ceiling, floor you could posably want, I down loaded a ton of stuff from there.

As far as windows and doors

Go to a manufactures website or RevitCity

Or the best thing to do is build your own. The power of Revit is in family building, IMO