• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• fuccaro

• fedora

• Mr T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a link to an excellent tutorial by Ellen Finkelstein on constructing a 3D bolt. It was published in June, 2008 so it is relatively new.

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/autocadtips/AutoCAD_tips_draw_3d_threaded_bolt.html?rss

Note: Ellen gives a shout out to J.D. Mather and his tutorials too. Kudos to JDM.

What replaces the Helix Command for Autocad 2006 - to create threads around a cylinder or bar.

I seen a great tutorial for AutoCad 2007 by Mr. Mather however I didn't see any commands common with 2006.

Anyone?

Joe: Go to the CADTutor AutoCAD FAQ section and look under the topic Customisation. Read the article entitled How do I run an AutoLISP routine? That should answer your questions.

• 4 years later...

wilfredo_torres, you are new here I see... welcome to the forum!! :)

Please be advised that you resurrected a thread almost five years old. To keep older threads from mixing in with the currently active ones, keep an eye on the date as you're searching and scrolling through sub-forums. Resurrecting is usually acceptable if a subsequent issue can be generated from the original thread's inquiry. Generally responding to older threads, as you've done here, can be unnecessary.

-Tannar

That would be Very helpfull in my case as well

What are you referring to exactly? The lisp routine mentioned or the instructions on how to load/run a lisp routine?

No, i am trying to do something that i never did before. I tried to work with AutoLISP that u said would be usefull but when i finished it did not work. it was for the uager. I gusst I don't know what i am doing when it comes to working with Autolist. Going to vaca after today to relaxe the brain.

So you were attempting to use the helix.lsp routine and your were not successful? Did you follow the command prompts? Sometimes a lisp program isn't exactly clear in what it is asking. The best way for us to help you would be if you attached a copy of the drawing file itself to your next post.