Placing objects one next to other,not one above the other with Polar Array Option???

angel

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem with polar array option - I think I'm not doing something right. A while ago I use this option to make the first attached picture, but now I need to do exactly the same and I can't get the same result - second picture :( Do you know how I can array the objects one next to another and not one above the other?

sdf.jpg

fff.png

PS: I coudn't find post with info about this situation! :/

You have to know the angle your are going to fill (90 deg) and the number of blocks required (6) using the example immediately above. I don't see where you would have a problem doing this.

In the first example the objects shrink at the bottom and stretch at the top to fit correct to the angle without placing themselve one above the other! In the second picture the objects fill the angle, but they are placed one above the other!

I want to do it again like in the first picture, but I don't know how! I was looking for some mark, but I didn't see it, I guess I'm missing something, but I don't know what! :/

No, I'm new to AutoCad and I'm still exploring the easy and visible functions :) I'm still far away from using lisp :) Thanks Nestly, I didn't make compressed section, but this remind me, what I did! :) I used the array option only for straight lines, then I made couple of extra arcs and manually connected the crossed point (arc x straight line) with each other in desired view. Then just deleted the extra arcs :) (actually I start using fillet option for making this type of arcs)

It's slow, but that the best I could do, with my knowledge for AutoCad :P

Thanks for the answers :)

You have to look carefully, but the shapes going round the array in the first picture are different to the shapes along the straight parts. So you could have used a different shape to array, or you could have drawn it from scratch quicker.

In fact there are some lines that do not end up where they should do :shock:

Hahah I know it doesn't look very good if you take a better look at it, but at that time, that was enough for me :P Maybe this time I'll make it fits better ;)

I agree 100% with ReMark. I made the following picture using these steps:

ORTHO ON, OSNAP ON

COMMAND LINE: LINE

(chose point)

"up" 5

@2.5

@2.5

@-5

@-2.5

@-2.5

[enter]

Then I used OSNAPs to make the center line really quickly.

Then I "window-selected" all 7 items

COMMAND LINE: AR

rectangular array

1 row, 4 columns

row offset: 0.0000, column offset: 3.5355

(right-click to approve after clicking "preview")

COMMAND LINE: LINE

(chose top of right-side '5' line as starting point)

@1.9134

@1.9134

@-5

@-1.9134

@-1.9134

Then I selected the far right 7 objects.

polar array

Center Point: chose THE left endpoint on the top horizontal line shown in picture. obviously yours will differ.

Method: Total number of items and angle to fill

Total number of items: 14 (obviously I was doing this quickly, and yours will differ)

Angle to fill: 90

(right-click to approve after "preview")

Then I recreated the very first object on top and then selected the the top 7 items

Rectangular Array

Rows: 4, Columns: 1

Row offset: 3.5355, Column offset: 0.0000

(right-click after clicking "preview" to accept)

COMMAND LINE: TRIM

[Enter]

Then obviously it needs to be cleaned up, trimmed, etc.

Hope this step-by-step helps you at least figure out what you did originally, even though it's a bit different.

polar ar.jpg